Saturday, May 13, 2017

What I Eat In A Day #6

Hey everyone! It's that time of the week again! Happy Saturday! As always I will be joining you in weekend mode in a few hours and I am quite excited about it. It is a nasty, rainy day here on Long Island today so it is my full intention to go home tonight and curl up in bed and binge watch something on Netflix. I haven't decided what yet but I have all day to figure it out :) Definitely something light and fun. I've decided to take a step back from True Crime stuff because it is quite triggering for me so it's best to hold off on that content for a little while.

Anyway, I'm here today with a full day of eating. It was quite carby and I'm good with that. It was also really delicious and I'm definitely ok with that :)


Breakfast was simple toast with crunchy peanut butter. Super satisfying!


I snacked on this bag o' mango all day. I got it from the deli next door. They have pre-cut mango most days and it is such a perfect snack on a warm day (it was nice earlier in the week!).


For lunch I had this bento! I used half of a Trader Joe's lavash to make a tofurkey wrap with lettuce and tomato, a few snapea crisps and a salad. It was so good and so filling.


For dinner I made some gluten free penne and enjoyed it with a faux meat sauce made with some marinara sauce and beefless crumbles. It was then topped with a generous spoonful of nutritional yeast. I always overestimate how much pasta I can eat so I ate half of this bowl for dinner and brought the rest for lunch to work the next day. It was great even the second time around. 

So that's what I have for you today. My mom took the day off of work on Monday and she and I will be having a girl's day and we are going outlet shopping. I've been avoiding the outlets for the same reason I avoided the mall but I'm feeling pretty excited about it! My mission is to find new sneakers to help motivate me to get my ass to the gym and I also need a cross body bag. If I find anything I'll make sure to share it in Tuesday's post!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Happy Mother's Day to any mommies out there - that includes moms to both human and fur babies. I hope you all enjoy your day!

10 comments:

  1. Great post! Yes, show us any gym stuff you may buy because I need motivation! Working late most nights has kept me from going to the gym and it makes me mad. I wish I could get my butt up early to go but I can never do it. I feel so much better after working the stress out. My one friend insists it's the one hour that belongs to you and that I should use it to "reclaim my day". Good advice - now I just have to take it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverlee! Sadly I didn't find any sneakers that I liked yesterday but when I find them I will definitely show them off!

      It's so funny that your friend said that because I said almost the same exact thing a few weeks ago on my other blog! I'm a firm believer in taking an hour to yourself every day in whatever form of self care you choose :)

      Delete
  2. That's amazing that the deli has pre-cut mango. I swear I would eat mangoes everyday if they were easier to deal with! I agree with Beverlee can't wait to what you get at the outlet mall!
    That pasta looks amazing, it's been awhile since I've had pasta with a marinara/meat type sauce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes a huge different because cutting mango is the worst. It's so tedious!

      The pasta was so good! I rarely eat it but when I do I really enjoy it because I wait until I'm really craving it.

      Delete
  3. Hooray for a trip to the outlets! I have in mind a trip in June with a few colleagues, and new shoes for the gym are a great idea! I hope you find a cute bag, too!

    Crunchy pb toast looks amazing. I love toast on rainy days!

    On an unrelated note: I ordered more stickers from Etsy. I will never get sick of this planner. It's so much fun, and I am still using the ones you sent me! (I'm ordering the "full box" ones for when I'm at work, and limiting myself to one "to-do" list per day, so I don't get overwhelmed.)

    P.S. I can't watch American Crime for similar reasons! Too sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Outlet shopping is fun every once in a while :)

      The toast was sooooo good! Simple but delicious.

      Awww I love that you are enjoying your planner! It's so fun to play and decorate. It makes me happy and for even just an hour a week it helps me get my mind off of everything that I have going on. I'm so glad you are loving it! Where did you order from on Etsy?

      Delete
  4. The PB Toast looks so amazing! I must need PB and not realize it.

    Cutting up Mango is such a pain with that big seed in the middle, wonder how that deli cuts it so nicely?

    There always Amazon if you want to avoid a mall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toast was so good! It's such a simple meal but it is so satisfying. I never eat chunky but grabbed it on a whim and I've been really enjoying it!

      They cut up a ton of it, they've had a lot of practice… and patience :) I could never do that!

      I tend to order most things online but it's more just getting over the fears and making myself vulnerable over actually going to get anything there.

      Delete
  5. That crunchy PB looks so good, I've been buying smooth recently but I think I'm gonna have to switch it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bought it on a whim and I've been enjoying it so much!

      Delete