Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Long (Hopefully Exciting!) Post

Hey everyone! I hope that you all enjoyed your weekend! As always it seemed to have gone a bit too quickly but I have to say I enjoyed it fully. I actually went out and did stuff which is always exciting and I'll be talking about it more below. I also enjoyed some pretty great meals which I will also show you below.

Before I get to those I have some exciting news! I've decided that since I've been doing well with my consistent posting I really want to add a third post each week starting next week! I'm thinking my new posting schedule will be Tuesday, Friday and Sunday and I will be resurrecting my Fun Friday posts! I'll continue doing my Tuesday and (now Sunday) posts as usual but my Friday posts will consist of fun things like recipes, photography, Long Island fun, my favorite things, etc. I think it'll be a fun way of infusing a little more lifestyle into this blog. I'm excited! I hope you guys will love the Fun Friday posts too. Let me know if there is anything in particular you want to see. Any recipes? Anything I should go check out? Let me know in the comments!

Now, let's take a look at some delicious meals I've enjoyed over the past few days.


You guys. Seriously, you guys. This may be my new favorite meal at the moment. It was inspired by MommyTang's Rice Ball recipe. It sounded delicious but I made a few tweaks and made it into a rice bowl! This is basically Jasmine Rice that I seasoned with soy sauce and a little agave, some seasoned seaweed, green onion, sesame seeds and baked tofu (seasoned with Trader Joe's Onion Salt… omg so good!!). It was simple but so delicious. This was turned into two meals and enjoyed with some white (non-spicy) kimchi that I forgot to photograph.


Toast is always a good decision. I couldn't decide between avocado toast and hummus toast so I had a piece of each. Both have Everything But The Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe's sprinkled on them as well. Super delicious

Yesterday I went out to lunch and bubble tea with a good friend of mine. We had some Thai food and you guys. It was SO GOOD. 


I got a light veggie soup in a veggie broth. It had tons of veggies and there were glass noodles hidden under them. There was crispy garlic on top and it was so flavorful and delicious. I also had spring rolls and they were amazing. You could see all of the black pepper in them and they were delicious.


After lunch we walked to get some bubble tea. I got my old standby, peach bubble tea. It was delicious as always. I always get 70% sweetness but I think I may try 50% next time. It's still quite sweet (not horrible) but I'm curious about how 50% would be.

I mentioned last week that I was going to make a conscious effort of making sure I get in some me-time this week. I had a plan and as long as the weather cooperated I was good to go. Luckily it was a beautiful day so I was able to make it happen!

If you have been reading here for a while you'll know that I really love the ocean and water in general. I never go to the beach because the crowds ruin the moment for me. I just can't find that peace and comfort with so much going on around me. After watching Moana I knew that I really need to grab my moment and get to the ocean. I decided that I would wake up early on Sunday morning and get my alone time at the beach. I woke up at 5:30 AM, was in my car by 5:45 and at the beach by 6:20. I spent an hour there and it felt so good to finally have that sand between my toes and the water washing over my feet and legs. It was exactly what I wanted… me, the surfers and the ocean.

I took some pictures to share with you from my trip.


The sun was rising and I thought the reflection off the water was beautiful.




It was so peaceful and calm. I really was in my happy place.


I can't remember if I've discussed this here but I've really loved the idea of surfing since I was fairly young. I've never tried it but it's definitely a bucket list item. Part of the reason I wanted to go so early was because I knew I could get some quality surfer watching time.


This dude was awesome.


Double surfers!!

I am so glad that I got up early and did this. It was exactly what I needed and I think choosing to go at that time was perfect. Oh and if you are curious this is Long Beach on Long Island.

That's all I have for you today! I hope you all have a great weekend! I'll be back on Saturday and then the new schedule will start next week! <3




14 comments:

Ingrid said...

So cool! I love the idea of getting there early and soaking in some beach time before all of the crowds roll in. These are beautiful shots of the ocean! I'm loving the Asian food influence of your meals! Yum!

Hillary said...

The rice bowl looks insanely delicious! I need to step up my rice bowl game! Yay for more posts!
I love love love the ocean pictures. I needed to see water so badly you have no idea! I've always loved the idea of surfing too, but honestly it scares me. But I love watching surfers!
I'm so glad you like the onion salt!

Bianca said...

Excited to see more posts from you!! And man, you just inspired my afternoon snack — hummus toast with bagel seasoning! I'm so doing that before yoga today! I've seriously never thought to add the bagel seasoning to hummus. GENIUS!

Sarah said...

It was so amazing, I'm so glad that I got up and did it. It felt so good. And thanks! The meals have been delicious!

Sarah said...

The rice bowl was soooooooo good! I love when you just throw random stuff in a bowl and it turns out amazing!

Thank you! It was so great to be able to get down there. It's funny, I'm afraid of everything but that's one thing I'm not afraid of. It's just kind of expensive and I don't know how often I'd be able to get out there.

It was amazing, thanks for the recommendation!

Sarah said...

Aww thank you!! <3 Yay!! Did you love it? That stuff is amazing on pretty much everything :)

Beverlee said...

Take a surfing lesson! Do it, do it, DO IT!!! You know you will eventually and you'll love it!!! It's scary but fun :)

Sarah said...

I really want to!!! You are right, I will eventually :) Do you surf? It seems like you have, I'm so jealous!

Vegan In The VI said...

Gorgeous beach photos, especially your footprints in the sand. Which beach was it? When are you going to do that secret thing like when you showcased th Gold Coast Mansions?

I love finding Glass Noodles under Veggies.

J said...

Yay, looking forward to more posts! Your meals all look great, but especially the veggie soup, yum! That's awesome that you made it to the beach; your pictures are beautiful & it sounds like it was a really relaxing time!

Sarah said...

Thank you! That's Long Beach on the South Shore of Long Island :) I have to figure out when I can get to the other location. I'll be babysitting Delilah for the next month or so on Mondays which is normally when I would go. I may have to push it off until late August or September.

That soup was so good.

Sarah said...

Thank you! I'm looking forward to posting more! The veggie soup was so delicious and the beach was a perfect way to relax and decompress :)

Vegan In The VI said...

Okay, I will be waiting.

vegan.in.brighton said...

I love bubble tea, I usually go for mango and 25% sweetness! Wishing I was eating those toasts right now too, I'm somewhere with no vegan bread and I miss it already!