Tuesday, February 20, 2018

PinterTest Preview

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all doing well. I've been thinking a lot about a good posting schedule for me and I think that for now I will be posting on Tuesdays and Fridays. I seriously feel so re-energized and I'm really looking forward to writing different kinds of posts and also pushing my creativity in and out of the kitchen. I will of course continue talking about all things vegan here but I also intend to bring other parts of my life into this blog. I'm looking forward to sharing more of me with you. I'm also looking forward to exploring and trying to find things that will make me happy again. I've been working really hard in therapy and I know that now it is time for me to branch out and find my joy again. I know that this blog can be a source of joy for me again.

I mentioned in my last post that I had thought of a few fun new series' that I wanted to try out here and I'm so excited about them! I thought it would be fun to preview one here for you today. It is going to be called PinterTest and it's going to be where I try Pins that I have found on Pinterest. I love the idea of this because I have about 1,400 Pins and I have only tried a handful of them. They can be recipes or crafts or workouts or anything that looks interesting. I'll give them a try, show you how it comes out and I'll discuss the process, the results and whether or not I'd make it or do it again.

For today's post I'll show you some of the things I've been Pinning lately which may end up being a part of the series. If there are any Pins that you have found that you think I may like please let me know, I'd love to add some more ideas to the list!



The first Pin that I definitely want to try are these Make Ahead Breakfast Cookies from She Likes Food. They seem pretty easy to make and like a really great option for a breakfast on the go with a piece of fruit. She has a ton of different flavor options and the recipe seems really adaptable. I have a flavor option in mind that I would like to try as well ;)



These Funfetti Waffles from Create N Plate are a must for my next waffle making venture. You all know I'm all about all things sprinkles (and glitter) so throw some sprinkles in waffles and I'm there. I'm pretty sure I would add some chocolate chips because why not. 



I think this is such a fun idea for a workout! Of course I think it would be great to get some variety so I'll probably do different words like my birth month, my favorite fruit, and whatever other fun words I can think of! I really do think it is a fun way to get a quick at home workout in (it would be great for hotel rooms too!) so I'm looking forward to putting this to use!



A really cute craft idea that I found is this Washi Tape Wall Art from Living Locurto. I have TONS of really pretty washi tape that I've accumulated since I started planning and I don't really use it that much anymore. I think this would be a perfect way to use it. And it's a perfect way to get glitter on my wall without making a mess ;)



How gorgeous are these cards?! They are New Business Cards from the Rebekah J. Murray Blog. I don't think I've mentioned it here but I received some beautiful watercolors for the holidays because I thought it would be fun to give it a try. I haven't touched them yet because I am pretty intimidated by it but this is definitely something I think I can do. I have some blank white cards that I purchased a long time ago so I think it would be really nice to make my own Thank You Cards.


I'm not a huge fan of BBQ anything really but once in a while when it's done right I'm all in. I like the idea of cutting the flavor with a slaw but my mayo aversion makes that difficult. Enter these BBQ Jackfruit Sliders with Avocado Slaw from the Minimalist Baker. These look and sound so good and let's be honest… these are begging to be made into tacos. Now that Jackfruit is readily available at Trader Joe's I'm so ready to give this a try.

These are just a few of the Pins that I'm really excited to try and review here! Are there any Pins that you are looking forward to trying? Are there any Pins that you think I should check out? If so let me know in the comments below!

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have a great week! I'll be back on Friday with a new post!








10 comments:

J said...

The cookies and the BBQ jackfruit look really good to me!

Jennifer said...

You are ROCKING the inspiration vibe! Can't wait to see your upcoming posts and projects! BAM! You GO girl!

Hillary said...

I love it all! I really admire crafty people and wish I were craftier. I can't wait to see where you go, and i'm so happy you feel so happy and energized!
I just spelled my name and I see lots of planks and the dreaded burpees!!!!

Bianca said...

Love this idea! The waffles look right up my alley! And I love all the variations of those cookies. Also, that workout chart is such a fun idea (but with two A's in my name — and yours!!), we'd be doing a lot of push-ups. :-)

Sarah said...

I know, they look so good!! I can't wait to try them!

Sarah said...

Thank you!! I'm looking forward to sharing everything!

Sarah said...

I feel like my crafting aspirations are often beyond my abilities but I still like to try :) I'm really looking forward to sharing lots of new things here. My passion has definitely been renewed, I'm really excited!

Planks and burpees are definitely two of my least favorite exercises!

Sarah said...

Thanks! I totally thought of you with the waffles too! Your protein waffles always look so good. The push up would be a good thing for me, I have zero upper body strength, ha!

Jennifer said...

That's such a smart way to use wasashi tape! I have some that I get randomly at Target on their dollar bin section. I use them for thank you cards but this might be a neat alternative.

Ingrid said...

Oh my gosh, this is such a great idea! I've done an alphabet workout and with several repeating letters in my first and name...it's not fun. It's like 150 crunches and 100 burpees. Ha! But the treats and crafts look amazing!