Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Grocery Haul and Stuff I Ate

You didn't think I'd get rid of the grocery hauls altogether did you? 😉😂 Of course not. I have a grocery haul from Trader Joe's to share with you today and also some pictures of food I've been eating that I collected over the past week or two. I'm still getting back into the habit of photographing my meals but I'm getting better, I promise!

Here is my grocery haul:


For grocery items we have Jasmine Rice, the Mango and Sticky Rice Spring Rolls (my friend told me I have to try them!!), fat free refried beans, coconut flakes, polenta, walnuts, raisins and chickpea flour (which I purchased at a different store but just threw it in with the Trader Joe's stuff).


For produce I got some basil, romaine hearts, green onions, 2 bags of baby spinach, grape tomatoes, carrots, chopped onions (because lazy) and an avocado.

And here is some stuff I've been eating over the past week or two!


This is an ugly but delicious stir fry that I made with cabbage, zucchini ribbons, tofu, carrots, green onions and snow peas.


Forager lemon yogurt and some strawberries. The yogurt was ok but I'm still struggling to find a vegan yogurt that I love.


This is probably the best meal I ate all week! I took the MacDougall's Miso Ramen instant cup and doctored it up a little bit. I was craving some veggie gyoza so I added some of those in as well and I topped the whole thing off with some seaweed and green onion. It was so filling and delicious!


THIS. I was craving some eggplant and broccoli with garlic sauce so I had eggplant and broccoli with garlic sauce. There is some rice buried under there too. This lasted for two meals and it was freaking delicious and exactly what I wanted.


I finally splurged on the Kite Hill cream cheese. I wanted the chive but could only find the plain. I figured it was time to give it a try.


I tried it on a pumpernickel bagel. It was good but to be honest, not any better than tofutti in my opinion and twice the price. I don't know why I don't seem to understand the Kite Hill love that is going around. Everything I've tried is good but not life changing and to be honest not worth the price for me. The yogurt is way too sweet. The cream cheese is fine but not worth the almost $7 price tag.



I have been shoveling grapes into my facehole like crazy. I crave fruit all the time but the season is tough. These grapes have been delicious though so I've been enjoying them along with my meals and as a snack.


This was a mediocre pear. I love bosc pears but the ones I get from Trader Joe's never fully ripen. It's a shame. I feel like I want to go to Whole Foods to get some good fruit but it's just so expensive. 


Sometimes you just want some pizza. I felt like having pizza on Sunday since it has been a while so I made a small flatbread pizza. I had just gotten the basil from Trader Joe's that morning so I added some to the pizza and it was delicious. It was exactly what I wanted. I should have added some spinach though. Oh well!

So that is what I have for you today! I'm so excited for the things that I have planned for the next few weeks! I hope you all have a great week and I'll see you here on Friday!




6 comments:

Bianca said...

Oooh I bet those spring rolls with sticky rice are goooood. I love that Kite Hill cream cheese. I like it better than Tofutti (it seems creamier to me)! But it is higher so I only buy it when I'm having it on bagels. When I'm cooking with cream cheese, I buy Tofutti cause $$$.

J said...

The stir fry looks great, and the miso ramen, too; I always love adding stuff to the soup cups, haha!

Sarah said...

I'm so excited to try the spring rolls! I liked the Kite Hill but I don't find it to be $4 better than Tofutti, haha! I also don't prefer whipped cream cheese so I don't mind the texture difference. The Kite Hill was good though and I bet the chive version is amazing!

Sarah said...

Thank you! I love doctoring up ramen cups. It makes them fresher and more filling :)

Jennifer said...

Oh WOW!!!!! Yummy!!!! Everything looks great! I have been hungry for polenta...haven't had it in a while...must get some! ANd the other items - just as yummers!

Sarah said...

Haha thanks! I am excited to make the polenta! I'm going to hopefully make something delicious with it this weekend :)