Friday, November 3, 2017

Fun Friday: The RISE of the Jack O'Lanterns

Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well. I'm doing ok and feeling better, I just haven't been super motivated to take pictures of my food. Mostly because my food has been uninspired. I will post either on Sunday or Tuesday to get myself back on track but I definitely wanted to post this for Fun Friday because it was such a cool experience!

On Monday I went with my family to the RISE of the Jack O'Lanterns at Old Westbury Gardens here on Long Island. The venue is another one of the Gold Coast Mansions and it is absolutely stunning. I'll go back there one day during the day to get some photos for you because the grounds are crazy. I've been there many times when I was working the weddings and it was always one of my favorite places to go. For Halloween they do this amazing event where they have thousands of lit up jack o'lanterns set up along the grounds and you go for a night walk and check out the beautiful, intricate carvings. I took a ton of pictures and had a hard time narrowing down for you so brace yourselves, there may be a lot of pictures.




























Can you believe how amazing these are?! And keep in mind, there are thousands of pumpkins there, I just chose some of my favorites to share with you. I will definitely be going back next year, it was awesome and I was so glad to go out and celebrate the season a little bit. 

I hope you guys enjoyed seeing a little bit of the event! I will be back to regularly scheduled programming soon. I hope you have all been well <3

10 comments:

Hillary said...

I am in total awe of those pumpkins! Really beautiful! The talent is really amazing. I can't even carve a scary face into a pumpkin!
I liked the skeletal dinosaur the best!

J said...

What a neat event! And I second the dinosaur; that's definitely my favorite, too! :D

Ingrid said...

So cool!!! This looks like such a neat experience, and such great artistry. Did Delilah go with you? It's perfectly timed with Halloween and autumn!!

I hope you are doing well, and enjoying your weekend!

Vegan In The VI said...

Really wild, Thank you for showing that, who knew people were even doing that? Hope you are okay, will try to catch up on past posts to see.

Jennifer said...

OMG! Yup! I'm in AWE, too! WOWZA! This might be the coolest thing I've seen in a LONG TIME!

Sarah said...

Isn't it amazing?? I am so happy that I had the opportunity to go to this event. I will definitely be making this an annual tradition.

Sarah said...

It was so cool! I'm so glad I was able to go.

Sarah said...

Yes, the whole family went! It was really fun and I was completely in awe of the talent.

Thank you, I hope you are well!

Sarah said...

It is so nice to hear from you!!! I hope that you are doing well!! I know, I hadn't heard about it until I saw that my boss was going and I checked it out and knew that I couldn't miss it!

Sarah said...

It was so amazing!