Friday, June 22, 2018

4th of July Ideas Roundup!

Hey you guys! First, thank you all so much for being so supportive over the last few weeks. It was a really rough time for me and I'm still dealing with some issues (although to be fair I'll be dealing with this stuff forever) but I feel like it's time to get back into it and start putting out some quality posts again. I am slowly starting to build up some food pics to share but for today I thought it would be fun to take my friend's suggestion and do a fun recipe roundup for cool 4th of July vegan meal/snack/dessert ideas! I'll be pulling fun recipes I found on Pinterest and sharing them here with you. I haven't decided what I'm going to do for 4th of July yet (and I know sometimes it can be difficult to be patriotic when things seem to be going to shit) but perhaps one or more of these recipes will make it to my table?

Anyway, here is some cool stuff that I've found!


The first recipe that I chose was a Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad by Budget Bytes. I chose a pasta salad because I think it is the perfect thing to bring to a BBQ that will get people to see how amazing vegan food is and it'll also be hearty enough for you in case that is your only option. It is so colorful with fresh seasonal produce and you can definitely customize it to your preference. This is just one example of a pasta salad recipe and there are tons more out there, but I think Pasta Salad is a perfect 4th of July BBQ dish.


Next up we have this super adorable 4th of July fruit salad from Vegan Heaven! I love the fun detail of cutting out your fruit using star cookie cutters and the festive colors are a perfect combination of delicious and hydrating summer fruit. It's perfect for a day in the sun.


Getting into more BBQ type dishes, these Balsamic Garlic Grilled Mushroom Skewers from Closet Cooking look freaking amazing! I love mushrooms so this is totally up my alley but if you aren't a fan I bet that marinade would be awesome on veggies skewers of your choice. I also think these mushrooms would be great on a roll with some caramelized onions and fresh greens. 


You know I'm all about my potatoes so when I saw these Grilled Baby Potatoes with Rosemary by A Virtual Vegan I knew I had to include them in this roundup! They look so perfectly crispy and tender and I know I would definitely be all over those at a 4th of July party. And let's be honest, you can never go wrong with the potato/rosemary combination.


If you have some time and want to be a fancy bitch and impress the hell out of everyone, these Vegan BBQ Ribs with Spicy Korean or Spicy Traditional BBQ Sauce by Delightful Delicious Delovely might be the way to go! Holy crap you guys, these look LEGIT! I was never even a rib person and my mouth is watering. I really want to try this. 


You guys. I mean honestly, look at these beauties. Summer practically begs for s'mores and luckily thanks to companies putting out more vegan marshmallow options these are totally doable now. I love the idea of adding fresh berries in these Dark Chocolate S'mores with Fresh Berries by JoyFoodSunshine. It is the perfect, quintessential summer dessert and adds a fun fresh flare with fresh berries in the mix. These sound awesome and make sure you get those Trader Joe's marshmallows while you still can (they are a GREAT price for vegan marshmallows!).

So these are just a few recipes that I found that I thought would be awesome for a vegan 4th of July celebration or even just a summer BBQ. Of course there are other staples like corn on the cob (give me all of the corn on the cob please!), your favorite vegan meatless bbq options such as burgers, hot dogs and now sausages. I can't believe how many options are out there! Anyway, these were just some of the ones that I found interesting and thought it would be fun to do a roundup of recipes that I found and would totally make. Maybe I will be really I'm lazy so I guess we'll see 😂

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back on Tuesday with some yummy food I'm eating and most likely a grocery haul!







6 comments:

J said...

Awesome roundup, such great ideas! Everything looks amazing but I would especially love to have the mushroom skewers, grilled potatoes, and ribs! :D
My sister's hosting 4th of July this year; I'm going to make the chipotle macaroni & cheese salad from AfroVeganChick (http://www.afroveganchick.com/2017/06/chipotle-macaroni-cheese-salad.html) -- I tried it during VeganMoFo last year, and it was so good!

Sarah said...

Thanks! I saw all of these and I wanted to make them all so I thought it would be fun to share! The grilled potatoes and ribs look so incredible to me. Add some corn on the cob and I'm so sold.

Ooh that macaroni and cheese salad sounds amazing! I can't wait to see how it comes out!

Hillary said...

It all looks so beautiful! I am really drooling over the mushrooms and of course the POTATOES! And you're right, potatoes and rosemary are a classic combo!

Sarah said...

The potatoes look so amazing. You can tell from the photo that they are perfectly cooked. It all looks so good and it definitely made me hungry to put this post together.

Jennifer said...

We are going on a short vacation and smores are totally on our "to eat list" XD though the actual 4th of July will be spent in a car and just chilling out.

Sarah said...

Aww hooray for vacations and road trips! That'll be fun! Yay for s'mores! Pictures or it didn't happen ;)