Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Quick Update

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been around. Things are still crazy. My aunt is on the mend but still needs some help. My gastritis/reflux is also acting up so eating has been quite difficult. I'm finally getting in to a new dr. to try and get to the bottom of that because it causes a lot of stress and is quite painful. So sadly I don't really have much for you for food pictures. I literally just have one picture of fruit I snagged off of an edible arrangement but otherwise that's it.

I know this isn't much of an update but I don't have much to say? I will be back on Friday and I'm going to post some actual content, even if it's not the food I've been eating. I keep forgetting that I don't have to only post my food and hauls on here so I'm going to come up with something to share with you on Friday.


Haha my sad little fruit salad from the edible arrangement. There is a pineapple flower under there somewhere. So random question, does anyone eat the pineapple core? I do when it is in something like the flower or when they are cut into little semicircles with the core still in. The core is actually good for you with extra fiber and a really high concentration of bromelain and I actually really like the texture. I haven't heard of anyone else eating the core, am I alone in this?!


Also, this meme is freaking hilarious and ME 😂 It makes me laugh so freaking hard.

Anyway, that's all I have for you today! I hope that you are all doing well and I'm excited to bring you an actual post on Friday. Not quite sure what it's going to be just yet but hopefully I'll be able to think of something awesome to share!

Have a great week!

10 comments:

Beverlee said...

I totally eat the pineapple core! At first I was like, “this core LOOKS edible”, and I tried it and yes, it is a little more fibrous, but not so bad. You crack me up! That meme shows you can be depressed AF but still have a sense of humor.

Hillary said...

I eat pineapple core and also add it to my green juices ever since I read how healthy it is.
The meme is the best. I feel like that's me lately!
I hope things get better for you soon, and I hope you feel better soon.

Sarah said...

Hi Beverlee! Oh I'm so glad I'm not alone in my pineapple core eating! I actually like it but I also like weird textures. That is my favorite meme at the moment, I can't look at it and not laugh! Especially because he looks like he's have the best time, ha!

Sarah said...

Yay! Pineapple core soul sisters! That's genius to add it to your juices because it has so much bromelain it'll make them that much more nutritious!

Isn't it hilarious? I saw it and I was like I have to share.

Thank you so much I hope that you start to feel better soon too. I know it's been tough <3

Bianca said...

Hope everything is okay!! That fruit bowl looks delish right now. I'm about to eat yet another vegan poptart at work because our chef keeps making them (and I cannot say no, but I really should be eating a bowl of fruit).

Sarah said...

Thanks Bianca! It's been a rough few weeks but I'm getting there. Fruit has been so refreshing in this heat but a vegan pop tart sounds pretty awesome right about now ;)

Jennifer said...

I haven't eaten the core mostly because I just head it is hard to chew (because of the fiber) but when I worked at a juice shop we would try to juice the core whenever we could because why not?! It was sooo tasty!

Sarah said...

The core is so good for you, it's great that you didn't waste it when you were juicing at the shop! I love that!

J said...

Sorry to hear things have still been tough lately. The fruit bowl looks yummy, though, and I never considered eating the pineapple core; good to know it's so good for you!

Sarah said...

Thanks, it'll all get better in time. It's just one of those "when it rains it pours" kind of situations.

I like the core and have read about the benefits so I'm all about it :) I can see how some may not like the texture or taste but I figure if I like it, why not?