Friday, June 29, 2018

Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone! I hope that you are well! I'm sitting tight over here. I have to say that getting back to the gym has definitely be so amazing and I always feel better after a workout. Sadly I have had to take two of my scheduled days off because I have a sciatica flare up which makes all kinds of movement an issue so I'm just trying to deal with that and then I can get back to it. Does anyone have any tips for sciatica pain? This is the worst flare up I've ever had and I'm just trying to be as still as possible while siting or laying but also trying to get up and move around to stretch out while I can. Anti inflammatories are hard for me since they are so harsh on your stomach and mine is already so sensitive. I'd appreciate any tips you may have.

Otherwise things have been the same. Summer and fall is our super busy season at work so I'm staying busy there. I've been trying to capture as many of my meals this week as possible to make up for the lack of them lately. I have been eating and enjoying some yummy food!


This was a random snack I had one day. I really wanted some carrots and hummus and of course you know I love my stuffed grape leaves. Such a yummy and satisfying snack.


For breakfast one day I was really craving some delicious fruit so I had a bunch of cherries and three plums. The plums were so sweet and juicy. I am so happy to have summer produce back in my life.


I've been having some chocolate cravings so I made up this container to bring to work with me. It is a serving of the Trader Joe's just a handful Almonds and about 2 tbsp of Trader Joe's chocolate chips. I keep them on my desk if I want a quick snack.


I call this my third grade lunch, ha! It felt very reminiscent of a packed elementary school lunch (before nuts were banned). It is a peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread with some baby carrots and two small peaches. So yummy and exactly what I wanted.


I used about 2/3 of the bag of gluten free pasta to make a big batch of my favorite Vegan Chick'n Ranch Pasta Salad that I started making last year. It is so good but I don't eat it often because I just don't crave pasta that much. Well the craving hit and I made a big batch. It was delicious for dinner last night and I will be eating it for lunch today and tomorrow at work as well. It's so easy to make. I just mix up some of my favorite pasta (I use gluten free) with some lettuce or greens of choice (this is butter lettuce), some quartered grape tomatoes, vegan grilled chicken strips of choice (I use Morningstar vegan strips) and mix it all together with Just Ranch. It's so easy and I highly recommend it. It would be perfect for a summer BBQ too!

So this is some of the stuff I've been eating this week. I've been getting better about photographing but I still need to try and be more diligent. I hope that you all had a great week and that you enjoy your weekend! Any fun plans? It's going to be in the 90s here so I'm probably not going to be doing all that much 😂

Have a great weekend!


3 comments:

Hillary said...

I love your elementary school lunch!! I definitely need to try that ranch pasta salad. I've never ha a creamy cold pasta salad, only pasta salad with an oil and vinegar based dressing. But I love anyway I can get Just Ranch in my belly!
I don't know if it's sciatica but I have this pain from standing in one spot an sometimes it flares up and I literally lie in bed crying from pain an feeling helpless and alone. Anyway, I've been looking up yoga poses for sciatica and some of the stretches actually really help. The other thing that has saved me is Epsom salts. I take several hot Epsom salt baths weekly and I swear by them. I was taking Bayer at first, but it was killing my stomach. Hope that helps!!!
Fightmaster yoga and Yoga with Adrienne both have some great sciatica stretches.

Sarah said...

Haha, the lunch was so good! The funny thing is that I talked to my mom and she had the same lunch that day, minus the carrots! I thought that was too funny.

Sciatica is awful. I can barely move right now and it's impossible to find a comfortable position. I would love the try the yoga workouts but I literally can't even get to the floor. Maybe once it resolves itself I'll be able to give it a try to avoid another flare up. It's so frustrating because I was really enjoying my workouts.

Hillary said...

Try soaking in an Epsom salt bath. I swear by them. One night I came home from work and I was in so much pain. I didn't think I could get out of bed.I was laying in be sobbing so hard. I finally inched out of bed and soaked in the salts and while it still hurt, I could at least fall asleep and move a little more. I swear by Epsom salts!!