Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Grocery Haul and A Few Meals

Hey everyone! I hope that you are well! Are you ready for 4th of July festivities? I don't really have anything planned but it certainly will be nice to have a day off during the week. I may try to get some work done on some projects I have going on but we'll see. I also want to see if I can get in a mellow workout. My sciatic nerve pain got worse before it got better but it seems to be improving a bit in the past few days. I may give it a try but we'll see how I feel when I wake up.

So for today's post I have a small Trader Joe's haul and my breakfast and lunch from today (spoiler alert, both are glorious 😂).


So for my groceries I got some butter lettuce and spring mix (I like mixing lettuce in my salads), a few Granny Smith apples, two giant sweet potatoes, tofu and shredded carrots.


I also got more of the Crunchy Curls, a loaf of Sourdough Bread and some gluten free frozen waffles.


Ok let's get into the goods. I had this amazing avocado toast on sourdough bread with two small plums for breakfast. It was so delicious and a perfect summer breakfast.


You guys. This salad though. It is currently sitting in the fridge waiting to be devoured for lunch. I have a mixture of spring mix and butter lettuce on the bottom with some shredded carrots, grape tomatoes, corn and vegan chicken strips with some Just Ranch dressing. It is going to be so damn good and I can't wait to enjoy this for lunch. And yes, I put my dressing on when I make it because I kind of don't mind my lettuce being a little soggy. 😳

So that's my short update for today! I can't wait to see all of your 4th of July noms. I don't have anything special planned, maybe a boca burger with some sweet potato and salad? We'll see.

I hope you all have a happy and SAFE 4th of July! See you on Friday!

6 comments:

Bianca said...

Ooooh, crunchy curls?! I'll have to look for those next time. I swear I get all my TJ's ideas from you!! :-) And that salad and avo toast looks INCREDIBLE.

Hillary said...

I meant to grab those crunchy curls today! I even went down the snack aisle. Next time!
OMG what a gorgeous salad!! It looks like a restaurant salad!!!
Have a wonderful day off!

Sarah said...

Haha yay!! Definitely try the curls, it's the texture that I love so much. They are definitely addictive. If I can think of anything else I'd recommend I'll let you know!

Thank you! The avocado was perfectly ripe and the salad was AMAZING!

Sarah said...

Definitely next time, they are the best! Thank you so much, it tasted like a restaurant salad! I've been craving it too which is unusual for me :) I like salads but I don't normally crave them.

Thanks!

J said...

That looks like such a perfect salad for summer!

Sarah said...

It was sooooooo good!