Friday, July 27, 2018

It's Staycation!

Hey you guys!! It's day one of staycation and I couldn't be happier. I needed a break pretty badly so it feels really good to not have anywhere to be or anything to do at the moment. My plan for today is to get some meal prep done and maybe have a pool day with my niece later on. The best part about this is that it's all up in the air and I can figure it out as I go.

I have a very random post of some random food and stuff that I've come across that I thought would be fun to share.


I decided that I needed a bagel in my life so I toasted up a plain bagel and schmeared on some tofutti (sorry guys, I've tried a lot of vegan cream cheese in my day and nothing comes close to tofutti in terms of taste and price - I don't get the Kite Hill or Miyoko's hype). I wrapped it up and ate it at work and it was still warm and melty when I got there. So good.


I packed up some snacks to keep at work in case I got hungry. You know I adore my Primal Strips and I grabbed a Luna Bar in case I wanted some chocolate.


I don't know if I've ever mentioned this but chocolate covered strawberries is one of my favorite foods ever. I rarely ever eat them but I had a chocolate craving and some strawberries so I decided to dip them in chocolate and enjoy for dessert. I have a few left and I can't wait to enjoy them later!


As you can see I've developed a bit of a pattern lately. My meals consist of one part processed nonsense and one part vegan caesar salad (all I have is lettuce right now). I've been enjoying it a lot and this meal was no exception. 



I've been wanting to get back into recipe and exercise planning pretty badly lately so I decided that Staycation would be the perfect time to do it. I printed out a few sheets of these and decided that my goal would be to get 4 weeks worth of meal and exercise planning done. This will allow me to choose weeks depending on my mood and I can also select specific days depending on what I want. To have 30 days of meals planned out will be perfect as it will give me plenty of options to choose from. I am including the link for you to download the file if you like it so you can work on meal planning as well! What are some of your favorite make ahead breakfast to grab and go? I tend to get stuck on breakfast and stick with avocado toast and things like that. I'd love some new ideas!

That's all of the randomness I have for you today. I think I'm going to have some pretty great stuff to share next week and I'm really looking forward to it! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! <3

7 comments:

J said...

Those chocolate-covered strawberries look great! Good luck with your meal and exercise planning!

Hillary said...

I agree with you about the cream cheese. I've never tried Miyoko's, but I remember trying the kite hill and being so excited because I had heard so much hype, and it was so expensive. And it just wasn't worth it.
I love the boca burgers, and I think you've found a great balance!
I'm terrible at meal planning, but I wish I were better at it. I do like to prep veggies and stuff because then if I on't have a lot of chopping it's easier to not make an excuse to have a lazy meal.

Panty Buns said...

As usual, the vegan munchies you put together look delicious. I have never tried tofutti but it sounds great. Your vegan food posts are inspiring. A pool day sounds nice.

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

They were so good! Thanks!

Sarah said...

Defintiely not worth the price tag for either item. I'll stick to my tofutti lol.

Thanks! I love them too and it was so yummy with the salad.

I'm not great at it either. I tend to stray a lot because I'm not in the mood for whatever. I think having 30 days planned will be helpful because I can just pick and choose from that rather than just sticking to one week in particular. I think it's a matter of just having meal ideas in front of me so I don't just grab whatever.

Sarah said...

Aww thank you so much, I'm glad that you are enjoying them! If you can find the tofutti definitely give it a try. I'll be honest, it doesn't taste like regular cream cheese but I really like the texture of it and I think it does taste good. If you like scallion cream cheese chop up some scallions and mix them in. It's SOOOOO good.

Sarah said...

Definitely*