Tuesday, July 10, 2018

What I'm Into Lately

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all doing well! I thought it would be fun to change things up a little bit and do a post about vegan things I've been loving lately. I think we all go through phases and have changing tastes and preferences so it's fun to check in and see what we've been up to lately. I'll be sharing products but also some podcasts I've been listening to and some other fun things.


First up we have a podcast that I've been binge listening lately. You know I'm a big fan of True Crime podcasts but I decided to take a little bit of a break and listen to some lighter material. I came across Anna Faris is Unqualified and I was hooked after the first episode I listened to. I love Anna Faris, I think she is hilarious and I love how she interacts with her guests. The super unique thing that they do is actually call up listeners and Anna, her producer Sim and her celebrity guest will offer relationship advice about the issue that the caller is inquiring about. It's such a fun podcast to listen to and I definitely recommend it.


I am currently OBSESSED with this adorable Tote Bag and Grocery List Notepad that I purchased from my friend's shop called Creating & Co. She sells planner stickers but has recently branched out into selling merch such as tumblers, totes, notepads, bookish type items (Kindle cases for example), journals (I have one and it's stunning), apparel and tons of other stuff. I was eagerly awaiting the release of these adorable veggie themed totes and had to pick up the Everyday I'm Brusselin' tote along with the note pad. I love the notepad for my grocery lists and meal prep lists. As I have mentioned, Paige (the shop owner) is a friend of mine and I do promote her shop but I am sharing this with you because I sincerely love everything she makes and I would still purchase from her if she was not a friend of mine.


I've mentioned this in my past Trader Joe's hauls but I have been addicted to these Trader Joe's Crunchy Curls. They are a lentil and potato curl that are super crispy and delicious. I'm a little bit weird and I love things with a cardboard texture and these kind of have a cardboard texture. They are delicious and are now a staple on my Trader Joe's shopping list.


I'm sure this is not a surprise but I'm currently loving this Vegan Ranch Chick'n Pasta Salad that I've been making a lot lately. It's really easy to make, super filling and super super delicious. To make it all you do is mix together cooked pasta (the rotini shape works best in my opinion) that I rinse with cold water to get to room temperature with some butter lettuce, quartered grape tomatoes, some room temperature corn and your favorite vegan chick'n strips and then you douse it all in Just Ranch and mix it all up. It's really simple, makes a lot and tastes really amazing. I guarantee you it will be a hit with both vegans and omnis.


It has been a while since I've gotten bubble tea but now since it is scorching hot I figured it would be the perfect time to continue my tradition of a weekly trip to the bubble tea shop and treat myself to my favorite drink. I also follow it up with a leisurely and peaceful drive to my favorite spot on earth where I am treated to the most amazing view of the NYC skyline. This is my version of self care and it is the part of my week that I look forward to most.

These are a few things that I've been into lately! What have you been enjoying? I would love some podcast and book recommendations as well as some yummy vegan food recommendations. I still have a bunch of places here on Long Island that I would like to try but I'm still working on my social anxiety issues in therapy but hopefully that'll happen sooner rather than later.

I hope you all have a great week! See you back here on Friday!










2 comments:

Hillary said...

OMG I love that bag so much!!! I will definitely check for that when I can treat myself!!
I totally know what you mean with the cardboard texture. I like that in a snack too. I bet those would be great dipped in hummus! I keep meaning to pick them up an I just always forget. By the time I get close to the chip aisle I'm usually over it and ready to cry!
Your pasta salad looks soooooooo dang amazing!!!

Sarah said...

The bag is soooooo cute! She has other ones too like a "Kale Yeah!" one. They are great and nice quality too. I bet the twists would be great in hummus too, and in guac! Our chip aisle is right in the beginning next to the produce so that's the bulk of my shopping but I totally get it.

Thank you!! I make mine with gf pasta! Give it a try, you'll love it!