Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Staycation Bust

Hey everyone! I hope you are all well. As you can probably see by my title, my staycation didn't go very well. While I was hoping for a relaxing, resting break that would allow me to recharge it was completely the opposite and I just had a really hard time with some of my mental health issues. My OCD was really bad, I had a downward swing into depression courtesy of my bipolar and all of this triggered my panic disorder as well. As you can imagine, it was a VERY difficult weekend and I'm still struggling quite a bit from it.

Sadly this means that my appetite suffered as well so I don't have much to show you. I do have a grocery haul to share and one meal, but other than that it was basically toast and a banana that I had to force myself to eat. It was a struggle but I'm working through it and hopefully I'll have some more food to share with you by the end of the week.


This is my Trader Joe's produce haul. I got two bags of butter lettuce as salad has been my thing lately. I got some green onions, an avocado, some grape tomatoes and some shredded carrots.


I also got a bag of the Root Veggie Chips (supposed to be like the Terra Chips and they are so good), some of the Tempura Cauliflower (not a fan of the sauce but the cauliflower is great) and some brown rice.


This mini haul is from Stop and Shop (one of our local grocery stores). I got more of the Morning Star Chick'n Strips for my salads, Daiya mozzarella and spinach (for a recipe I was supposed to make) and more Just Ranch.


The final meal before I lost my shit. A vegan chick'n caesar (actually ranch) salad.


Bonus fun, I have seen these before but never saw this version of it so I thought I'd share. It's so accurate. 😂

Sorry I wasn't more exciting and didn't have fun things to share with you. Sadly mental health is an ongoing thing and will ruin the best made plans sometimes. I did zero meal planning, zero meal prepping and just nothing that I wanted to do. Hopefully I'll be able to work on that through the week.

I hope you all had a great weekend and I'll see you on Friday, hopefully with more exciting content. 💜

7 comments:

Hillary said...

Wow, I'm so sorry your staycation was a bust. You're so right that mental health really can ruin any plans. It really doesn't care what you have going on. I'm thinking of you and sending love and hugs.
A YouTuber I watch says the same thing about the tempura cauliflower! She makes her own sauce but loves the cauliflower!

Sarah said...

Thanks. Mental illness doesn't wait for anyone or anything. It's really difficult, especially when it all come crashing at the same time. It was a hard weekend but I know I'll be ok.

That's so funny! The sauce is really gross but I love the batter on the cauliflower. I actually just picked up a small container of garlic sauce from a local chinese restaurant that I'll use for it because it's my fav, ha!

Sarah said...

Hi!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that you were struggling during your staycation. I do hope that things are looking up and you are feeling on the mend and ready to face whatever else comes your way.

Sarah said...

Aww thank you so much, I really appreciate that! <3

J said...

I'm really sorry to hear your staycation didn't work out; sending hugs! <3 Your grocery hauls look good, though, and your salad as always looks delicious; I really need to try that sometime!

Sarah said...

Thanks Julie. <3 Definitely try the salad, it's so good! Simple but delicious!