Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Grocery Haul, Meal Prep and Meals... Oh My!

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all doing well, had a great weekend and are staying cool. I really enjoyed this weekend as I was able to see one of my best friends for the first time since December. We've been friends for almost 20 years and she is one of my favorite people on earth and I miss her all the time. We were also joined by her husband who is also wonderful and we had a great time. I'll share a little more on this later.

Today's post has a lot going on! Of course I have my (small) Trader Joe's grocery haul to share. I also got some meal prep done as well as some meals I ate over the past week to share with you. I also have the delicious meal I enjoyed with my friends to share as well.

Let's get into it!


First is the produce portion of my grocery haul. I got two bags of butter lettuce, some shredded carrots, asparagus, portabella mushroom caps, grape tomatoes, an avocado and an onion.


My grocery portion of the haul was quite small and contained two delicious treats: Crunchy Curls and Soy Creamy mini ice cream sandwiches.

Next up we have some minimal meal prep:


The timing could not have been more perfect to make these banana muffins. I have been craving banana muffins for a while and I happened to have some very ripe bananas that needed to be used so I got to work using my very favorite recipe: Chocolate Covered Katie's Fat Free Banana Bread recipe. Instead of strawberries I used walnuts and chocolate chips and I made them into muffins. Of course it can't be a Sarah muffin making experience without some sort of issue (seriously, why can't I just make a batch of muffins without incident?). This one was minor but I completely forgot that since these are fat free they would stick to the paper... seriously that's amateur hour on my part. Luckily it's not too bad and I was able to rescue my muffin from the paper (in a few pieces) but next time I'll just make the loaf like I normally would.


Of course I made a batch of my favorite pasta salad for the week. I usually get 3-4 servings from the batch (I usually use a half of a bag of pasta at a time and add tons of veggies) so lunches are pretty well set for the week.

And here is some stuff I ate:


Of course you know I have to have my watermelon!


This was a lazy yet delicious meal of mini Field Roast corn dogs with some roasted potatoes and obviously a lot of ketchup... because I love ketchup on everything.


A quick lunch of rice and beans and broccoli. Very delicious.


This was the amazing meal I enjoyed when I went out for lunch with my friends on Sunday! We had Thai food and I enjoyed this dish of spicy eggplant, tofu, broccoli, onion and green beans with a spring roll and some rice. So so delicious and the leftovers were devoured the next day.


We also went for some bubble tea and I had my usual Peach Pulp tea with boba. I thought I'd take a picture of the top before I punctured it with my straw because I thought it was so cute! You know I love my skulls so combine them with bubble tea and I'm a happy girl.

So there you have it! A little bit of everything to start off the week :) I hope that you all have a great week and I'll be back here on Friday with another post to welcome the weekend (well for you guys, not for me since I still work Saturdays). I hope that you are all enjoying your summer! What fun summer things have you been up to? 

8 comments:

Hillary said...

Butter lettuce is my favorite lettuce! The whole leaves are great for lettuce wraps because they're flexible, they don't break.
Your pasta salad sounds and looks AMAZING!!I have a bottle of Just Ranch, I might have to try it!!
I love the little soy ice cream sandwiches.
And your tofu eggplant dish is seriously making me crave that meal!
I'm so glad you had fun with friends!!

J said...

Your pasta salad looks so good, and your lunch with friends looks incredibly delicious!

Bianca said...

You always make me crave bubble tea! I wish I could get it closer to home, but the only vegan bubble tea I know of is out in the 'burbs so I don't get it often. Sigh. Also, that Thai food looks amazing. And I must try crunchy curls!!

Sarah said...

Butter lettuce is definitely the best! I love it in my pasta salad and for regular salads. I hope you do try the pasta salad, it is delicious!!

Thanks!!

Sarah said...

Thank you! It was all delicious!

Sarah said...

It was the first time I had it in a while and it was sooooo good! Boo for it being too far away but hopefully you'll be able to make it out there soon! Definitely try the crunchy curls and the Thai food was delicious!

Unknown said...

Those primal strips were my favorite thing for years-i would order them by the box but unfortunately totally burned out on them a while back. Time to try again i think!
Those lentil curls are so good- and totally satisfy my crunchy chip craving even though they’re surprisingly nutritious.
I’m a big fan of the meal prep when i have time to, even if it’s just making a bunch of massaged kale salad and chopping veggies
Ttrockwood

Sarah said...

I LOVE the primal strips!! I only like this flavor though, so weird! I would totally get a box but they are super expensive and I think I would get burned out too. I'm so glad the market started carrying them though because this flavor is so hard to find!

The crunchy curls are the best! They are definitely becoming a staple. I may try them with salsa because I just love salsa so much and because they are so crunch I bet they can stand up to it.

Meal prep makes life so much easier during the week. I'm definitely going to try to make it a habit!