Friday, July 20, 2018

Bonus Haul & More Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well and that you had a great week! I'm excited about today's post because I have a long overdue haul from one of my favorite places! I went to the Sweet To Lick Vegan Market a few weeks ago and I wanted to wait until I tried a few of the products to share the haul. I also have a few things that I ate this week to share as well :)


So as is the case with every other time I visited the market, I went in for one thing (the jerky) and came out with all the things. This time I wanted to try the Earth Balance Buttery popcorn (SO GOOD!!!), the goodpop Cookies N' Cream bars (sadly just ok for me - I love that they have this flavor but I found it a bit bland and underwhelming), the primal strips (you know I love these), some chocolate brownie cookie dough made out of black beans (still need to try this), my beloved Field Roast mini Corn Dogs and the WayFare Vanilla Pudding (AMAZING!! I liked it even better than the chocolate!).


I have been loving my avocado toast lately. I had it with a delicious peach and some coffee in my amazing mermaid mug gifted to me by the lovely Beverlee!!


This is some Mujadara (rice with lentils and caramelized onions) from the Israeli Market. I seriously love this stuff so much. 


One night I had breakfast for dinner and made some of the Trader Joe's gluten free waffles with syrup (yup, I like a lot of syrup… sorry not sorry) and a delicious plum.


I made this beautiful salad to enjoy for lunch today. I am super excited about it even though it is a simple salad of butter lettuce, shredded carrots, grape tomatoes and chick'n strips. Topped with Just Ranch, of course.

That's all I have for you today. I hope that your week has gone well and that you have an amazing weekend! Any fun plans? I have a staycation planned for next weekend (I will be off from Friday-Monday) and I'm so excited about it. Part of me wants to get out and do stuff and part of me wants to just relax and recharge. I'm guessing it'll be a combination of both. What do you like to do during a staycation?

4 comments:

Hillary said...

OMG your salad looks so freaking delicious!
You totally reminded me how much I love Mujadara! I have all the ingredients so I'm making some this weekend!
Yay a staycation! I usually go for recharging but a little fun and a little recharging sounds great!

Sarah said...

Thank you!! I feel like my salads can be boring so I guess at least make them look pretty? ;) I've been loving them lately thought!

Yay!!! I can't wait to see how it comes out! There is nothing better than caramelized onions which is definitely my favorite part of this dish.

I'm really excited for staycation. For now I don't have much planned except for relaxing and maybe doing some stuff at home to declutter and make some space for a workout area. I may or may not be doing some recipe testing as well ;)

J said...

I just recently tried that flavor of the Primal Strips jerky and really liked it! Yay for more corn dogs, and the Mujadara looks so good! :)

Sarah said...

I love those primal strips so much! They are my fav by far. The mujadara was so good! I wish I could make it as good as the one I had.