Friday, July 6, 2018

Stuff I Ate!

Hey you guys! I hope you are well and enjoyed your 4th of July! I had a pretty mellow day, I didn't really do anything fun but was pretty productive. I just tried to stay cool and I worked on a few projects that I have going on now. It was nice to have a random day off in the middle of the week and I'm getting close to my weekend so that's always a good thing. It's been very hot here so I haven't really wanted to do much of anything but I'm trying to get out a little bit.

I figured I'd try to take some pictures of the stuff I've been eating to share with you. I have been eating a lot of the same things lately so I'm definitely looking to branch out and try some new things. But for now, here is some stuff I've been eating this week.


On the 4th of July I made another large batch of my Vegan Ranch Chick'n Pasta Salad and decided to add some corn to this one and it was amazing, of course. It lasted a few meals so I had that for lunch at work as well. I just didn't find it necessary to photograph it again and again and I have a little left for dinner or lunch tomorrow.


For dinner on the 4th of July I decided to be a little festive-ish. I figured a Boca Burger with some pasta salad would be passable for a festive meal and it was really good. The burger was just a plain Boca Burger with some shredded lettuce and ketchup. It was delicious and super filling.


Of course we have some avocado toast on sourdough bread. I know they look huge but this is a salad plate. This white plate I always use is a salad plate so it's not ginormous. Although to be fair, I'd love to eat avocado toast the size of a giant dinner plate. 


In my never ending quest to find a vegan yogurt that I like I decided it was time to try the Silk brand yogurts. The first one I came across was the Almond Milk Yogurt so I got it in the vanilla flavor. I had it for breakfast at work with a peach and a plum because you know I love my summer fruit. The yogurt is ok. It's one of the best vegan yogurts I've tried but I definitely won't be craving it. I may just have to accept that yogurt just isn't going to be a thing for me.


Another snack I've been enjoying are granny smith apples with Justin's vanilla almond butter. I love the vanilla almond butter, the hint of vanilla and sweetness are so satisfying for the sweet tooth!


I've been enjoying simple salads lately. This one is kind of a vegan chick'n "caesar" salad except it's Just Ranch and not Just Caesar 😂 It's really easy to throw together and bring to work and it's delicious. I've been enjoying simple salads most days this week.

So that's another installment of what I've been eating! I hope that you all had a great week and I'll be back on Tuesday to share some stuff I've been into lately!

Have a great weekend!





4 comments:

Bianca said...

You're making me crave vegan chicken salads! I'll have to pick up some Beyond Chicken strips next time I get groceries. Also, there's something nostalgic about Boca burgers that I really love. Especially when my parents prepare them! They make the best Boca burgers that remind me of childhood.

Hillary said...

The boca burgers are a classic and even to this day one of my favorites!
You are definitely making me crave all kinds of salads!!

Sarah said...

Chick'n salads are so delicious!! I've clearly been enjoying them lately, ha! I love the nostalgia of Boca Burgers too. They are one of the first vegan substitutes that I've had and I still love them. I definitely need to start grilling them though, they taste even better that way!

Sarah said...

I know, I am loving my Boca burgers for a quick summer meal and these salads have been amazing! The corn has been the best addition, I loved it!