Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Another Haul. More Food.

Hey you guys! I hope you all had a great weekend! I'm so excited for my Staycation this weekend, I seriously can't wait! I still haven't really decided what I want to do but that's fine. I need to work on being spontaneous anyway. What would you do on staycation? I would love to hear some suggestions!

Today's post is yet ANOTHER haul and some more delicious meals I've been eating. The Sweet To Lick Market was closing for a summer vacation so I wanted to get back in there to pick up a few things (the haul from my last post was a few weeks old. Oops!) so I made a quick trip and I also made sure to take some pics of my meals. I've been really enjoying salads this week and also a few other decadent meals.


I had to stock back up on my beloved Primal Strips. I also tried the Miyoko's Scallion Cream Cheese and I am just not a fan of their cheese. I was really tangy, savory cheese and this has a weird lemony taste which is extra weird because there is no lemon. There is a sweetness to it that I just can't get into so I'm probably just going to stop wasting my money on that brand. I know a lot of people love them but I'm just not into it. I did get some more Violife Feta for a recipe I want to make and some Follow Your Heart American slices, these fun Parmesan Rosemary mustache crackers and some Better Than Bouillon Not Chicken flavor since that's great to have.


This was a really easy and yummy meal of some mini corn dogs and chips.


I made a Boca burger with my Follow Your Heart cheese and some corn and vegan caesar salad on the side.


This meal though. Seriously one of the best I've had in a long time. A perfectly made grilled cheese (yeah I'm going to just pat myself on the back for that one) and some chick'n caesar salad. Seriously delicious.


I made a chick'n caesar salad for lunch at work today and I'm really excited to dig into it.


Finally, I needed some chocolate pretty desperately (I'm sure you'll guess why) so I had some of the Justin's dark chocolate peanut butter cups with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and it was the perfect treat.

So here's some of the stuff I've been eating over the weekend. I have been really enjoying my meals lately and while they may not be the healthiest they have been delicious. I'm still working on finding my balance but I do know that meal planning ahead of time and sticking to it has really been helping me.

I hope you all have a great week! The next I post will be the beginning of my staycation so I'm very excited about that! Hopefully these next few days go quickly ;)

8 comments:

Hillary said...

Why oh why can't I find Violife cheese?? I so want to try it but even the big Whole Foods here doesn't carry it!!
I haven't tried the Miyokos cream cheese, but I wasn't blown away by kite hill's version. And when they cost that much I want to be BLOWN AWAY!
Your grilled cheese and salas really are perfection an you should be proud. Grilled cheese sandwiches aren't as easy as they seem.
I hope you are having an amazing staycation!

Sarah said...

Ahhhh I'm sorry! I wish it was available!! I can tell you that it is 100% worth the price if you can ever find it. Miyoko's, to me, not so much. I'm also not blown away by Kite Hill. Everyone loves that brand so much and I've been underwhelmed by everything I've tried.

Thank you! I've been pretty damn happy with my meals lately! I'm working on finding my balance but man, these have been good. Vegan grilled cheese is especially difficult because the cheese takes so much longer to melt. I've figured out my trick and it comes out perfectly every time!

Thank you! It starts Friday and I can't wait!

J said...

Everything looks delicious, especially the grilled cheese and chick'n caesar salad, yum! Hope you enjoy your staycation!

Sarah said...

Thank you so much! OMG that meal was so delicious! I'm very excited for it, thank you!

Jennifer said...

Looks so yummy. I love it when the planets align and you get a perfect grilled cheese sandwich. So rewarding. lol

If I was doing a staycation on Long Island I would make a trip to see that duck building.

Sarah said...

Thanks! OMG I know, there is seriously nothing better than a perfect grilled cheese. Especially with vegan cheese which is notorious for not melting well.

I didn't even think of that! I have never seen it and I don't even know where it is. I'm terrible, ha!

Jennifer said...

haha I mostly know about it since it is featured in Weird New York. It is a building (a very small one) that is in shape of a duck: https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2173
Very campy stuff.

Sarah said...

That is so funny!! I looked it up and it's about two hours from be! I'd have to see what's around it to make sure a trip would actually be worth it, ha! It's super fun though!