Tuesday, August 21, 2018

This and That

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. I don't know about you but we have had a ton of rain lately (some crazy storms!!) and it has helped cool off the area a bit and I couldn't be happier. It has been high 70s over the past few days and it has been wonderful. This is my favorite type of weather. I had a great weekend and while I don't have tons of meals to show you, I do have some random bits and bobs to share. These kinds of posts can be fun so I'm excited to share some randomness with you!

First up, I do have some food to share:


This was one of the most random meals I've ever thrown together. I had some tempura cauliflower from Trader Joe's left in the freezer so I had that (sans sauce) and some refreshing watermelon on the side. It was actually really great despite being an odd combination.

One Sunday I went to late lunch with my mom and my brother at a Turkish restaurant and had the most wonderful meal!


I started with some Shepherd's salad and it was so yummy. I added some hummus to the plate when it came to the table but I had already started eating so I didn't take a pic. 


OMG you guys. I normally get falafel but I didn't want to eat fried food and have that heaviness in my tummy so I went for the veggie kebabs and you guys. Check out this feast for $12!!! It came with pickled cabbage, salad, bulgur, rice and two huge skewers of grilled veggies. It comes with eggplant, red and white onions, tomato and mushrooms (and peppers but I asked for no peppers). It was delicious and perfectly cooked. The eggplant was so tender and amazing. I am so glad I chose this!


I was out running some errands with my mom Sunday morning and we stopped at 7-Eleven for some coffee for my mom. I noticed that they had the Silk Vanilla Almond Creamer so I partook as well!! It is always so exciting to find vegan options popping up everywhere!


After trying and enjoying the almond creamer I found out there is a Hazelnut flavor and you better believe I went and got some! I like it a lot. It's not my favorite hazelnut flavor but it is really good and I'm glad I found it!


When I saw the double whammy of a hilarious meme and the cutest puppies of life I knew I had to share this here. I absolutely can not deal with this and their faces. They are too much!!! 


I mentioned that it has been raining like crazy lately but I saw the most beautiful rainbow! I was stopped at a red light (and kind of pulled over) so I snapped a super quick pic of it. I don't know about you guys but I love storms (although not driving in them) and seeing a rainbow after is the icing on the cake.

So that's all the random stuff I have to share with you today! I hope that you are all doing well, had a great weekend and have had a great start to your week. I'll see you on Friday!!

11 comments:

J said...

Your lunch at the restaurant looks amazing and so colorful! Pretty rainbow, too!

Jennifer said...

WOW! Nice eats! Tempura would hit the spot right about now! YUM!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I was so glad it was cooler yesterday! I hate being hot. And now I can sleep with my air conditioning off. The Turkish meal looks amazing! There's an Egyptian restaurant near me I keep pushing people into and I should blog about that sometime.

Hillary said...

Your lunch looks amazing! When I find some really great summer tomatoes I'll be making Shepard's salad again! I think you made the right choice with the kebabs. They look amazing. Perfectly cooked eggplant is one of life's great pleasures!
It's so great seeing vegan creamer at 7-11!

Sarah said...

It was so good! Definitely the right choice :) It was so beautiful!

Sarah said...

Thanks!

Sarah said...

It was such a relief that it cooled off! Oooh I would love to see a post about that restaurant!

Sarah said...

Thanks! It was so delicious! I think I made the right choice too and definitely have the salad. It's so simple and amazing. I agree, perfectly cooked eggplant is definitely the best!

I was so excited to see it!!

Trixie said...

What Turkish place is this? Yum!

Sarah said...

I'll have to find out the name for you! It literally said Kebab on the awning, lol!

Trixie said...

LOL..ok!