Sunday, July 30, 2017

TJs Haul and Some Prep

Hey everyone! Happy weekend! Is it just me or has this been the longest week ever? It was driving me nuts. The days just wouldn't end. Anyway, I guess that doesn't matter now because the weekend is here and I finally feel some freedom. It is almost 11:00 am here and I feel like I've already had a full day's work! I was at Trader Joe's at opening (if I'm not there at 8 I'm not going, it's awful!!), planned for the week, did some meal prep and vacuumed the house. I'm exhausted, ha! After I post this I see some bubble tea in my future then hopefully some mellow relaxation time!

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I know the reason we are here is to see a grocery haul and what I've prepped for the week!


The very limited grocery items I got! Some diced tomatoes, cherry chocolate soy ice cream, veggie broth and some cannellini beans.


The first half of the produce was some snow peas, cabbage, spinach, green onions and zucchini.


I also got some mirepoix, cauliflower, asparagus and shredded carrots.


I promptly dumped about 60-70% of my groceries into a pot and made a giant pot of hearty veggie soup. This was the before picture when everything was just added to the pot.


This is how it turned out! I added the spinach and the beans in at the end and it looks gorgeous. I know soup isn't typically known to be a summer dish but to be honest this screams summer in a bowl to me! The gorgeous veggies are so fresh and delicious and I'm glad that I decided not to be lazy and get it done. I'll get a lot of meals out of it this week too!

So that's what I have for you today! I'll be back on Tuesday to show you some meals I've been eating lately! I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend <3


13 comments:

J said...

Your veggie soup looks great & so colorful! (I had to look up "mirepoix" haha!)

Ingrid said...

Colorful soups certainly are summery! The other great thing about a meal in a pot is that you can come back to it for several servings.

Sarah said...

Thank you! It's sooooo good!! Haha, yeah it's just the soup starter stuff of onions, celery and carrots.

Sarah said...

I agree! It's like summer in a bowl and I'm so glad I made it. It'll last me through the week too :)

Trixie said...

Yummy soup!! I wish you'd post a recipe :)

Sarah said...

It was really easy. I sautéed the mirepoix in a little olive oil and garlic for a few minutes then added the rest of the veggies (except the spinach), the broth and the tomatoes. I cooked until everything was soft and melded together. I added in the spinach and beans at the end and seasoned with salt and pepper. So easy!

Sarah said...

The veggies I used for this was zucchini, cauliflower, mirepoix, asparagus and spinach.

Jennifer said...

I like soup for the summer- overall it doesn't make the house too hot. XD Looks really yummy.

Sarah said...

I love it too! It was really good, thanks!

Vegan In The VI said...

I dont think I would ever spring for Mirepoix. Too miserly I suppose. Probably makes the Soup even more delicious though - like somebody else made it.

Sarah said...

Sometimes I just spring for the extra buck or two to save the hassle. My free time has been extremely limited lately and spending it chopping veggies just wasn't appealing to me :)

The soup came together so quickly! You know I love my chunky veggie soups :)

Trixie said...

Thanks xoxo

Sarah said...

No prob!!