Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Christmas Things!

Hi everyone! I hope that you are all doing well and that you had a wonderful holiday! If you don't celebrate the holiday I hope you just enjoyed your days! As you may know, I celebrate Hanukkah but my sister in law and niece celebrate Christmas so my family always celebrates both. We had a really nice couple of days but I learned that I really have to be careful about overextending myself. As I've mentioned, chronic extreme fatigue is a symptom of my fibromyalgia and the last few days have been a lot. I did a lot of baking and we had busy days on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so it was incredibly difficult to get out of bed today. That said, I still had a great time!

I don't have a ton to share with you today but I wanted to show you the cookies I ended up making! I also had gotten a few gifts and I wanted to share what my friend gave me because it is AMAZING and relevant to a food blog.

First let's check out some cookies!!


Up first I made the Vegan Chocolate Crinkle Cookies from Nora Bakes. They were very easy and came out great! Mine didn't really spread at all and I'm not sure why but they still look great and tasted delicious!


Don't mind my ridiculous nails 😂 This is a close up. She's beautiful!


I also made a recipe that I didn't include in my recipe roundup that I decided to make. These are the Easy Vegan Cinnamon Pecan Cookies from Beaming Baker. I found this recipe last minute and decided to give it a try. I added chocolate chips because all things are better with chocolate. These cookies are DELICIOUS and this was definitely a great choice.

I had made a third batch of cookies that were supposed to be cookie butter chocolate chip funfetti cookies but they were a disaster. They were like sand when you bit into them and it was terrible. It was upsetting not just because I wasted ingredients but I wasted so much energy trying to make them. By the time I finished baking on Sunday I was EXHAUSTED. This helped me realize that my goal to eat easy but unprocessed meals is going to be so crucial to getting my health on track. Finding a balance of easy, quick meals with having to prepare them all myself will take some time but I'm confident that I'll figure it out.


So this is the first part of my awesome gift that my friend got me! This oven mitt is AMAZING and hilarious and SO PERFECT for me! I am obsessed!


She also got me these kitchen towels and I'm also obsessed with them. They are so funny. As you can see, she knows me so well 😂


Finally, here is sweet TJ enjoying his new toy!! He is too sweet, I love him so much. Poor thing is allergic to everything (my kindred spirit) so his face gets really red and it makes me so sad. 

So that's all I have for you today! How was your holiday/day? I should also let you know that I'll be house/pet sitting for a week starting on Thursday so I'll do the best I can to get you some more posts! I'm going to be doing some planning for how I want to go about my lifestyle change as well as brainstorming delicious, whole foods, EASY recipes to make so I'm excited to bring you along on this journey.

Do you have any goals for the new year? Let me know!

4 comments:

Hillary said...

OMG the crinkle cookies look beautiful! I'm really impressed!!
I'm in love with the oven mitt an the kitchen towels!!
TJ!! I've missed seeing his sweet face! Poor little allergic baby!!!

Sarah said...

Thank you!! I was so happy with how they came out and they are so rich and fudgy! Really delicious.

Aren't they hilarious?! My friend knows me so well!

I knooooooowwww!!! I love his face so much and he's so cute with his little toy. I hope they can get him meds to deal with his allergies!

J said...

Yay for the cookies you made; they look amazing! That stinks about the third batch, though, especially since it was so much effort to make them. I love the oven mitt and towels, and TJ is so precious!

Sarah said...

Thanks! They are delicious and I put some in the freezer so I have dessert if I want! I was definitely disappointed that the other ones didn't come out but I still had more than enough. TJ is the cutest!