Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Trader Joe's Haul and Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone! Sorry for all of the lackluster content lately… it's been a rough end of the year healthwise so it always kind of messes with your meals and eating. I am back on different antibiotics for a tooth issue to while I have to make sure to eat I never actually want to. Anyway, I do have a Trader Joe's Haul to share with you today as well as a few meals.

Also, why doesn't anyone sell Earth Balance butter sticks? I can always get the tubs but I need the sticks for baking and I can only get those at Whole Foods (which is not super close to me). Has anyone else had that problem? Have you found an easier to find substitute? One of my cookie recipes calls for coconut oil which is great but I need butter for the other two. Any tips would be awesome!

Ok so let's get into it!




First up is the produce! Carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, pears, potatoes and an attempt at a bag of butter lettuce. Looking at the picture I'm annoyed at all of the packaging. It's so unnecessary. This has always been an issue for Trader Joe's, maybe one day they will actually fix it.


I decided it was time for my annual treat to the Candy Cane Joe Joe's which are my FAVORITE, some Jasmine rice (when you feel like shit all the time sometimes you just need some frozen rice to get a meal on the table), the Veggie Spring Rolls which I've heard are awesome, the Cranberry Spiced Apple Kombucha, dolmas and chocolate chips.


I had an everything bagel lightly toasted with avocado, salt and pepper. It was really good and exactly what I wanted.


I decided to get some more veggie rolls as well. This time I used my favorite chopsticks that my friend got me from Japan. I love these and they are perfect. I love the rainbow steel ones I got online but they are heavy and big and harder to use so these continue to be my go to!

Sorry this is such a short post but that's what I have for you today! What is on your holiday shopping list? Are you into the holidays or is it just another day for you?

Hope you have a great week and I'll see you Friday!


10 comments:

Hillary said...

I love the spring rolls from Trader Joe's. One of my favorite gluten cheats!!
I really think I have to cheat with the candy cane Joe's cookies. I love minty chocolate!
I'd love to know what you think of the spiced apple kombucha. I'm scared to try that flavor for some reason.
Oh no, I hope your tooth issue isn't too bad. Tooth pain is THE WORST!

Hillary said...

Oh, and I don't do much baking now that I'm gluten free, but when I do bake I almost always use coconut oil because I never have vegan butter in my fridge!

Sarah said...

Ooooh I'm so glad to hear such praise about the spring rolls! I LOVE spring rolls and these sounded so good so I can't wait to try them! I highly suggest the Candy Cane Joe Joe's. They are so delicious! They have a gluten free variety but don't get those!! They are not vegan, I think they have egg.

I am kind of afraid to try the kombucha too but I am going to have to because of these antibiotics I'm on. I'll definitely let you know how it is!

Thank you <3 it is the worst but I think I'm on the mend?

Sarah said...

Good to know! If I can't find the butter I may try to use coconut oil instead. I'll just leave it solidified instead of melting it and see if it works.

J said...

Looks like some fun treats from Trader Joe's, and your everything bagel with avocado sounds delicious; I'll have to try that sometime! Hope you're feeling better! <3

Sarah said...

Trader Joe's always has the best stuff! Definitely try the bagel/avocado combo, it's so good! Thank you <3

Jennifer said...

I haven't put much thought into those buttery sticks since I shop mostly at Wegman's. They always have it. (Side note- I tried googling "long island wegmans" to see if you had one close, and I found an article about how chains avoid long island *sigh* sorry) I usually use the tubs. I am pretty sure there are some vegan non-hydrogenated shortening that would be close.

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Those are really beautiful chopsticks! I buy my buttery sticks at Wegmans mostly but the last time I was at Shop Rite I saw them there and it is SO EXCITING. Sometimes Shop Rite will get something I love and it will disappear quickly, though (like the Beyond Chicken), so I'm not holding on to the idea that they'll keep the buttery sticks around.

Sarah said...

I was able to go to Wegmans when I was in college and it was THE BEST STORE EVER. It makes me so sad that I don't have access to one because I loved it so much. I am curious to know why they avoid Long Island. Is it because of rent being insanely high? How strange.

Sarah said...

Thanks, I love these chopsticks so much! I'm probably just going to suck it up and get to Whole Foods at some point and just get a bunch of them to freeze so I always have them. So annoying that they tease you with products and take them away!