Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Orlando Trip Recap!

Hey everyone! As promised, I'm back with a recap of my trip to Orlando! This one will probably be a bit longer because I have A LOT of pictures but I figured that there is nothing wrong with that :) I have a combination of meals I cooked, meals we had in restaurants and some pictures from our activities. Hope you like them!


My friend had to work from home on Thursday so we just hung out for the day in the house. This was before we had gotten groceries so for lunch I made a bagel with peanut butter and banana and it was delicious.


After we went shopping I made my Vegan Chick'n Ranch Pasta Salad for dinner. This one was a twist on my Chick'n Caesar Pasta Salad since we could only find Just Ranch. I added some cherry tomatoes and it was so good. We also found this amazing fresh roasted garlic bread that had super soft and delicious chunks of roasted garlic dotting it. Seriously delicious.


The following day was my birthday and we went to Magic Kingdom! The very first thing I did was get my birthday button and my Minnie Ears :)


Here is Walt and Mickey hanging out in front of the castle.


And of course the castle.

I had an amazing time! It was crowded and VERY hot (90 degrees and blazing sun) but we still had a really fun time, rode a few rides and checked out the shops. If I could make any changes I would have made sure to be more hydrated and I didn't eat anything all day which was stupid and terrible. Still a wonderful time!


That night we were STARVING so we had my birthday dinner at Loving Hut! We started with this amazing wonton soup. The broth is really light and delicious and the wontons are yummy too.


For my main I had the combo number 1, my tried and true favorite. The soup was filling so I didn't get through the whole thing but it was amazing.


The vegan bakery that we had gone to in previous years closed down so the options were limited for vegan birthday dessert. I found this Rice Dream Mocha Ice Cream Pie and it was really yummy!


The following morning we went to Ethos Vegan Kitchen for brunch and I got my absolute favorite breakfast burrito. This beauty is stuffed with faux sausage, potatoes and tofu scramble and smothered in delicious gravy. Seriously one of my favorite meals ever.


Here it is from the inside. Seriously, how good does this look?!

The next morning we went to the farmers market at Lake Eola. Their market is amazing and huge and I love going there when I can. I picked up a beautiful necklace which I'll show you in another post. After the market we walked around the lake and I grabbed some scenic shots for you.


They painted the amphitheater as a rainbow after the Pulse Nightclub Shooting and I think it looks amazing and is a beautiful tribute.





After the market I made us some brunch. I made a very sad loaf of banana bread (the texture was off and the bottom was soggy because he did not have a cooling rack) but redeemed myself with one of the best tofu scrambles I've ever made. It had tofu, spinach and grape tomatoes and was seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic. So simple but so delicious.


That night I made a "Sunday Dinner" with one of my favorite foods ever. My mom makes these roasted potatoes in French Dressing and I know it probably sounds weird but it is so damn good you guys (just make sure the french dressing doesn't have honey in it). I made some baked tofu with the same dressing (I also added salt, pepper and garlic to the potatoes and tofu) and we had some delicious roasted asparagus. It was a really amazing meal.

So that's pretty much everything! I hope you enjoyed it and maybe got some meal ideas out of it. I cooked a lot more this trip and I think we had some really great vegan meals. I had an amazing time and a wonderful birthday weekend and I'm so grateful to my friend for making it special!

I hope you all had a great weekend as well <3


12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wonderful photos! Fun time! Neat Eats! Did you hit any weird weather? Stay safe! Happy Belated Birthday!

Beverlee said...

Graaavvvvyyyy....*EyesRollIntoBackOfHead*So glad you had fun and your friend is okay!

J said...

All the food looks amazing, especially the breakfast burrito and your Sunday dinner! It sounds like you had an awesome birthday weekend! :)

Sarah said...

Thank you so much! No weird weather at all, it was actually blue skies and like 90 degrees the whole time. It was weird! I'm not used to it being 90 on my birthday.

Sarah said...

OMG you have no idea, that gravy is everything!! I need to learn how to make it so I can make breakfast everything.

Sarah said...

Thank you! I definitely ate well. I'm going to have to make that Sunday dinner way more often. I definitely had a wonderful weekend!

Ingrid said...

It looks like you had a fantastic holiday away from the stress of everyday and were able to also enjoy your birthday!! I don't know which to choose - they all look so good! Gorgeous shots of the water and skyline.

Sarah said...

Yes, it was definitely nice to get away for a few days and have a change of scenery. Everything was so delicious, I'm glad I didn't have to choose ;) Thank you, it's always a really nice morning when we get to go to the market!

Jennifer said...

I really liked that Loving Hut location. There was the sweetest girl at the register who was so friendly. She was excited because it was her first year celebrating Thanksgiving as a vegan. XD

Pretty awesome you got to see a little more of Orlando other than just Disney. Not that there is anything wrong with Disney, it's pretty awesome.

Vegan In The VI said...

I always love when you go to Orlando! Excellent!

Sarah said...

I love that location! They are so nice and they have a great menu. I always get the same thing and it's delicious every time.

That was my first time going to Disney in all of the years I've been going to visit my friend there. We always do the market and it's my favorite :) Orlando is a great city and so much more than Disney!

Sarah said...

Thank you so much! I hope you are well <3