Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Grocery Haul

Hey everyone. I failed at end of the week blogging again. Sorry :( I always have the best intentions but fall short. Anyway, I did take some pictures of my grocery haul to share with you. I also have pictures of my planner because I seriously love the stickers I used for this week. It is quintessential winter. Winter can be pretty crappy but these stickers highlight all of the things that make it beautiful :)

Anyway, this week I went to my regular grocery store to pick up some items.


For the produce section I got some baby spinach, spring mix salad (I'm avoiding romaine at all costs right now because of the e coli situation), stuffed grape leaves, tofu, grape tomatoes, green apples and avocados.


For groceries I got some of the McDougall's Ramen Cups (I know a lot of people don't particularly like this brand but I think the ramen cups are really good - the other stuff not as much but these are great for a quick meal), some Dave's Killer Bread (so good!), and some snack bars that were all on sale for $1.


As you know I like to try new products when I can. I finally found this WayFare vegan cheese dip sauce thing and really wanted to try it. I'm not sure how to use it though… do you just heat it by itself and it melts? There are no instructions. I guess I'll just visit the website. I also wanted to try vegan parmesan cheese. It is one thing that I actually miss on pasta (which I eat so rarely I guess it doesn't matter) so I thought it would be fun to try this vegan parm as well! I'll let you know how it goes!


The first half of my week. Can you deal with these colors and the wintery-ness of it. I love it.


This is the second half of the week. Still so pretty.

I actually may have purchased a different planner yesterday. I was finally convinced about the virtues of the traveler's notebook and found a really beautiful vegan one for a fraction of the price of the big name TNs. I think the full layouts like the one above are beautiful but I just don't have enough going on in my life to justify them every week. I will probably still do full layouts for special weeks like holidays and my birthday, but I think the traveler's notebook is exactly what I need. When I get settled into it I'll make sure to share my setup with you!

That's all I have for today. I hope that you are all well and staying warm and dry. I've noticed that the sun is still out at 4:30 which has been nice. I can't wait until 8:30 sunsets! 

Have a great week!



8 comments:

Hillary said...

I know I've seen the wayfare cheese dip/sauce on the Gram and I think YouTube, but I've never used it. I bet it would be great on nachos!
I can't wait for later sunsets too!!

Bianca said...

Yay! Your planner looks awesome! I need to get more creative with sticker use. I'm learning! I have to leave lots of space to write in things because my days fill up quickly with meetings, appts, etc (work is busy!!). I'm SOOOOOO stoked for the stickers you sent, and I've already put some to use. :-) YOU ROCK LADY! Also, that Wayfare dip is awesome. I think it's a newer version now, but they had an older version a couple years ago (maybe they stopped production for awhile, I'm thinking). And I was buying it at our Whole Foods and using mostly as a dip for chips. But also amazing on steamed veggies. Would make a great mac & cheese sauce.

Ingrid said...

Love your planner layout!! It is totally appropriate for the winter. Sometimes my planner weeks are empty, but then I write down lists of to do or ideas or people for prayer, and I use up a little more space. I think the brand I use, Happy Planner, has some cute mini ones but I need to be able to use all the stickers I love (including the stash you sent me!).

Vegan Parm is a lot of fun. When I have Just Caesar dressing, I’ll sprinkle some of it on top to make it really feel like a Caesar salad. The Wayfare looks great too. I’ve become a fan of Dave’s bread, too! It makes feel less guilty for having it in my life, due to all of the seeds and protein!

Sarah said...

Yes, I think it would be delicious on Nachos!! I may make a nacho cheese sauce by melting it with some salsa.

Right?! I miss the sun, haha.

Sarah said...

Thank you!! Honestly, watching plan with me videos on youtube helped me figure out my style. I tweak it over time but it helped and it's also VERY relaxing. Paige from Creating & Co (I sent a lot of her stickers over) is amazing and I love her style and her stickers so I'd definitely recommend her channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCaCDRbVsuQ1IrzjKhFhKZw I'm so glad you like the stickers!

I can't wait to try the dip! I'll probably try mac and cheese first because I'm still looking for my ride or die mac n cheese :)

Sarah said...

Thank you! I love her stickers SO MUCH. I can't wait to try out the traveler's notebook style because I think it is perfect for me. I'm so glad you like the stickers!

I was really excited about the vegan parm. I hadn't even thought about adding it to a caesar salad, I'll definitely have to try it! Dave's bread is great and I love that I can eat white bread in particular and still get all of the whole grain goodness!

Jennifer said...

If we lived closer I would of given you my parmesan cheese! I like it but my husband HATES the smell. I can only eat it when I am alone.

Sarah said...

Aww that's sweet, thank you :) Although now I'm nervous about the smell haha. At least you can have a fun treat every once in a while!