Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Grocery Haul & Meal Prep

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all doing well. Are you guys staying warm and dry? We got buried in the stupid snow storm and it was followed by single digit temperatures (sub zero with wind chill) so it's been pretty brutal here. The cold completely killed my car battery so it was dead for a few days. We finally got it started but I can tell it is weak so I should hopefully be getting it replaced this week. How did you guys do with the snow and the cold?

Needless to say I had plenty of time to meal plan, make a grocery list and meal prep for the week. I took lots of pics to share with you!

First up, my Trader Joe's haul!


I got some butter lettuce… and to be honest I'm kind of paranoid of lettuce since there has been an e coli outbreak associated with romaine but I figured butter lettuce should be fine? Anyway, I got butter lettuce, mirepoix (because lazy), baby spinach, mushrooms, carrots, cucumbers and zucchini.


Here I have a few honey crisp apples and a few potatoes.


I saw that they have these new salad dressings and they sounded really good so I wanted to try them! I got the carrot ginger miso dressing and the green goddess dressing. I also got veggie broth, almond milk, coconut sesame seed clusters, soy creamer and a mango kombucha.

I stayed in all day Sunday and did hours of meal prep!


First I made this beautiful Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup! It's so good you guys and very hearty. Definitely perfect for this crazy cold weather we've been experiencing.


I also made a big batch of my favorite roasted potatoes. These are soooooooo good you guys.


Then I made two different kinds of waffles to store in the freezer. I don't know why I don't do this more often. They are so much better than frozen waffles from the store. The bottom three are Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Waffles (I added walnuts too), and the top are Blueberry Corn Waffles. The only change I made was I used oat flour for everything.


I was hungry after hours of meal prep so I decided to try the baby banana bread waffle and you guys… it is so good. I love the addition of the walnuts too.

That's all I have for you today! I am really really trying to get back on a regular posting schedule so I should *hopefully* be back with a new post on Friday!

I hope you all have a great week! Stay warm and dry <3




6 comments:

Hillary said...

So cold you ! I do not envy you at all! That minestrone looks really delicious. That's a really great idea to make your own waffles and freeze them!
I'd love to know what you think of the TJ's booch. I saw they have new flavors but haven't tried any.

Bianca said...

Ha! I saw your waffle pics on IG and the olive minestrone comment, and I thought your made OLIVE MINESTRONE WAFFLES! Hahahahaah. Now I get it. :-) I'm sure there were more pics there to scroll through and I missed them.

Also, have you seen the Trader Joe's Vegan IG acct? It's not run by TJ's (I don't think), but someone posts photos of all the vegan items. Really awesome!

J said...

Sorry to hear about your car battery; that really stinks! It had been below freezing here for a while but today it finally warmed up a bit, hooray! I'm impressed by all your meal prep; everything sounds delicious, and great idea to freeze the waffles!

Sarah said...

It is definitely freezing but warming up for a few days at least! I love making my own waffles and freezing them, I need to do it more often!

I haven't tried it yet but I'll definitely let you know!

Sarah said...

Haha! I thought you were saying that you love waffles! Omg that is too funny. Basically they were the same pics as above ;)

I haven't seen the IG account but there is a Vegan Trader Joe's Facebook Group I'm a part of! You should check them out, they are awesome and the people are really nice and have great ideas!

Sarah said...

Thanks, it has been really stressful but I'm getting it taken care of on Sunday. Hooray for warming up! It's going to be 54 here on Friday!

Thank you, I had the energy and some cravings so I decided to go for it! The waffles are so good and freeze really well!