Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Haul and a Meal

Hey everyone! I hope that you are well! I am so excited about this post because I get to share my haul from the Israeli Market (Tavlin Market) that I go to every once in a while. I love their prepared food, it is so amazing! They also have some really fun products that you wouldn't even think to look for in other markets. I snagged a few things so of course I had to share it with you!


Here is everything in the haul. In the very back on the left is some organic Tahini, then there is some date spread (!), some split pea soup, vegetable barley soup, some Mejadra (rice with lentils and caramelized onions - OMG SO GOOD!!!), the most amazing cashews ever, some fresh made pita chips and the last three bags of the pizza flavored Bissli snacks. This flavor is so hard to find and it's my favorite (and there is no cheese, of course).


Here is a closer look at the three containers in the middle. The left is split pea soup, the middle is vegetable barley and the right is the Mejadra.


Here is a close up of the tahini and the date spread. I haven't decided how I'm going to use the date spread but I've actually heard of putting it on toast with tahini so maybe I'll try that?


This was from a different store but I thought it fit in with this haul. This is Babaghanouj and it is SO GOOD.


I couldn't wait to dig in so I fixed a plate of the Mejadra, some babaghanouj and some pita chips. Amazing.


We had a bit of a break from the bitter cold this weekend so I decided to take advantage of it and grab some bubble tea! This is my usual peach pulp tea with boba and 50% sweetness. They switched to white boba from the black so it's hard to see them in there.


Finally, I think I mentioned that I was going to try out the Traveler's Notebook for a new planner and I couldn't be happier with this new insert and style of planning. I think it will be perfect for my needs and I'm really excited about it. I also love the way this layout turned out and I'll be filling it in more as the week goes on.

So that's it for today! I'm really really going to try to take some pics of my meals this week. I can't make promised of course but really, I'm going to try! I hope that you are all well and enjoying the break from the cold <3

8 comments:

Bianca said...

Love the new planner! It looks like it would definitely travel well. Mine is HUGE, but I carry a big laptop bag to work anyway. The haul looks AWESOME. Date spread and tahini on toast sounds like the best thing ever, and now I'm gonna have to look for date spread at our Mediterranean market. :-)

J said...

Nice haul! The pizza-flavored snacks sound really fun, and your meal looks great!

Ingrid said...

Wow! I am super jealous of your market haul! So many delicious items! I’ve tried that variety of Bissli (thanks to your introduction of them with the falafel flavor!), and I agree that it is the best. I think my grocer has ceased carrying them, but I’ll check this weekend!

Ooh, so curious about the date paste. You’ll have to give the update!

I love the look of your planner pages! Perfect for January!

Jennifer said...

A vegan pizza flavored snack! OMG I WANT! I've seen that brand but not the pizza flavor.

I've never been to an Israeli owned market, but I love "ethic" markets. They usually have great deals. Is that date spread like date paste/syrup? Maybe there is something on The Date Lady website?
https://www.thedatelady.com/vegan

Sarah said...

Thank you! It is great for keeping in my bag. I love being able to take it with me. I still have to try the date spread and tahini on toast but I'm very excited to. Mediterranean markets are the best!

Sarah said...

Thanks! The meal was so delicious :)

Sarah said...

Everything is so good. Bissli has such great snacks, I love the crunchy texture so much. The pizza flavor is so hard to find so I grab what I can when I do find them!

I'll definitely let you know about the date paste! And thanks!

Sarah said...

It is so good! It has a really great crunch, I love it.

They do have great deals and a really great selection. I haven't tried it yet but the date spread is more like a paste than a syrup. You can probably make it but I figured I'd give it a try since it was there!