Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Cookie Idea Roundup

Hey everyone! I hope all is well! Thanks for your well wishes after my sick day post, it is greatly appreciated! I'm definitely starting to feel better but not near 100% yet so meals are still quite boring. I figured it would be fun to share some fun cookie recipes I found on Pinterest for anyone planning on getting into the holiday baking spirit! I definitely plan on making some cookies once I feel better so I'm sharing the list of cookies that I will definitely be making as well as some maybes :)


First up are these gorgeous Vegan Chocolate Crinkle Cookies from Nora Cooks! I love the powdery, snowy finish on them, it reminds me of hot cocoa and snow. These are on my definite list and I'm so excited to give them a try!


Next up are these beautiful Molasses Cookies from I Love Vegan. I always want to make Molasses Cookies but I never do and I think I want to change that this year. I love the ones with the sugar crystals on them because it reminds me of glitter and you know how much I love glitter 😉


These Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Cookies from Namely Marly are another one on the definite list for me. I know they may not be Christmas festive but they are fun and festive and the only thing that is better than funfetti is when there is chocolate involved as well. I'm so excited to give these a try!


These beautiful Vegan Thin Mint Cookies from The Pretty Bee are a PERFECT cookie for the holidays! I'm pretty sure everyone loves Thin Mints and mint and chocolate is such a classic holiday pairing. They would be beautiful with some crushed up peppermint candies on top as well. These are high on my list and one I would love to make if I have the time!


Another recipe that I found and would love to make are these Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Loving It Vegan. This may be blasphemous but I'm actually not the biggest fan of peanut butter cookies but I had the idea to swap out the Peanut Butter for some Trader Joe's Cookie Butter (you're welcome!). To me that feels so festive for the holiday because the cookie butter has such a warm holiday flavor and what is better than a little Cookieception around the holidays? 😉😂 If I get the chance to make these I'll be using the cookie butter and I will definitely let you know how it swaps out!

The last thing I hope to be able to make are little chocolate clusters with lots of different ingredient combinations in them. I love making bark and chocolate clusters around the holidays because they are so easy and come together so quickly and the flavor combination possibilities are endless. Some of my favorites are peanuts and raisins (any fans of the Chunky bar?), cashews, pecans, cranberries and pistachios with white chocolate (how festive!), the Candy Cane Joe Joe's from Trader Joe's, pretzels, etc. The possibilities are endless and it as easy as melting chocolate, adding your mix ins and scooping onto a pan and refrigerating.

So that's what I have for you in my cookie lineup this year! Are you baking for the holidays? What's on your cookie list? Definitely share your ideas in the comments!

I hope that you all have a wonderful week. I'll see you back here on Friday, hopefully with some regularly scheduled programming 😃





14 comments:

Hillary said...

I've always wanted to attempt chocolate crinkle cookies but I'm scared! They are so beautiful though.
I'm glad you;re feeling better. I really can't wait to see your baking adventures. Oh, and using cookie butter to replace peanut butter? Genius!!!
Oh, Chunky bars used to be my FAVORITE!!!

Sarah said...

They are so easy! There is nothing to be worried about!

Thanks, me too! I'm excited about getting in the holiday spirit. Haha thanks! I hope that the swap works because I know they are kind of different. I think it should be fine though!

Haha yay! I love the chocolate, peanut, raisin combo. I think we are the only two people on earth that liked that candy bar though, lol!

Anonymous said...

You know you can get Christmas sprinkles that are red and green- you could make the funfetti cookies with those, turning them into Christmas cookies! Can't wait to see what you make- these all look delicious!

Bianca said...

Ooooh yes! There's a bake shop here (Muddy's!) that sells the best vegan crinkle cookies! YUMMMMM

Sarah said...

Yes, I've seen those! They would be so cute!

Thanks, I'm excited to start working on them! I'm still deciding, ha!

Sarah said...

Ooooh yum!!! I think my constant chocolate craving moved that one to the top of the list :)

Panty Buns said...

All five varieties of the vegan cookies that you linked recipes for here look delicious! The two varieties that I would find most irresistible are the vegan thin mint cookies and the vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies. :)

Sarah said...

I can't wait to make them! I'm craving cookies now! Thin mints are so good and definitely a great choice for the holiday season!

J said...

I think peanut butter oatmeal will always be my favorite type of cookie since they were the first vegan ones I made, but I love your idea to swap out the peanut butter for cookie butter!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

If I had to choose just one to make, I'd make the sprinkle cookies. They're so cute!

Sarah said...

Aww I love the nostalgia factor of it! I definitely want to try it with cookie butter, I think it'll be so delicious!

Sarah said...

Aren't they adorable?! I love funfetti EVERYTHING!!!

Jennifer said...

I had grand plans of making tons of cookies this year, but I decided Wolfie is still a weee bit too young. I mean, I don't mind eating dessert that he double dipped his licked hands into, but I don't want to give them away lol. We did make some vermouth sesame cookies which were really yummy for adults. I would love doing a cookie butter swirl type cookie! Sounds yummy!

Sarah said...

Oooh yum! I hope that I actually make them and that these plans actually come into fruition, lol!