Friday, December 7, 2018

Sick Day

Hey guys. I'm sorry I don't have a proper post for you today, I ended up getting bronchitis so I've been a bit more sick than I originally thought. Cue the antibiotics and for those of you that have been here for a while you will know that I don't do well on antibiotics. I'm incredibly sensitive to medications in general and it seems like antibiotics are at the top of the list. I feel horrible and I pretty much only eat something when I have to take the pill so I don't have much to show you. I drink a kombucha a few hours later because the probiotics seem to offset some of the side effects but if I eat after that it's like the kombucha never happened. I'm on the course until Monday so I'm thinking up a fun post for Tuesday. It won't have stuff I've been eating (because how much toast can I post?) but it will have really fun ideas for you!

Anyway, I hope that you are all doing well. I'm back at work trying to finish out the week before I rest all weekend. I will see you next week, have a great weekend!

8 comments:

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Bronchitis is no fun at all and I know what you mean about not reacting well to any medication. I don't like to eat much when I'm sick like that, either, and I have recently taken up drinking Body Armor at those times, alternated with hot teas or hot water with lemon. I hate Gatorade but Body Armor actually tastes good--plus it has lots of vitamins in it and it's made with coconut water for the electrolytes, so it seems more natural. I'm not crazy about kombucha, but I do love ginger beer, so that's my fermented drink of choice instead. But I have a co-worker who swears by kombucha, so I hope it helps you out. Take care of yourself!

Hillary said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry. I also know what you mean about antibiotics too.
I really hope the kombucha helps! It might be a nice time to have your miso potsticker soup!!
I hope you feel better soon!

Sarah said...

Thanks, I'm sure you know what it's like to be sick on top of having a chronic illness. It's exhausting and draining and the medication makes everything worse. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to keep an eye out for Body Armor this season.

I don't typically like kombucha but I found the one that I like. It is actually from Target and it is a Blueberry Grape flavor AND it's affordable. The only issue is they never have it so I have to hoard it when I can find it. I'm glad I did because it really does help with the antibiotic side effects.

Thank you! <3

Sarah said...

Thank you! <3 Ugh antibiotics are the worst. I'm counting the doses until I'm done. I'm thinking about having a miso noodle soup with some veggies to try and get something with nutritional value in.

J said...

So sorry to hear you got sick; I hope you feel better soon and that you'll get to enjoy some good meals once you finish the antibiotics!

Sarah said...

Thank you! Definitely feeling on the mend, finally, but still not there yet. Hopefully soon!

Jennifer said...

I hope you feel better!

Sarah said...

Thank you! <3