Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Hauls and Meal Prep

Hey you guys! I hope that you are all well and that you had a great weekend. Happy Hanukkah! My weekend was eventful but now I'm getting sick just in time for the work week. I'm going to try to stop it in its tracks now but it may be a little too late. I guess we'll see though. It's really strange, I haven't had a cold or cold type illness in a really long time but I think being exposed at my brother's house sealed my fate.

Anyway, I have a few fun things to share with you today! I have some random hauls from over the week and a few things that I prepped for the week (assuming I'll have an appetite). Check out all the things!


These beauties came from the Sweet to Lick Bakery. I wanted to grab a dessert for when we got together for Hanukkah and couldn't choose so naturally I got both. The top is a black and white bar and the bottom is a funfetti whoopee cookie (cookie sandwich). You know I love all things sprinkles so the funfetti whoopee cookie is amazing. The black and white bar was good but a little bland. I don't know if I would repurchase that but they have so many delicious treats it's all good.


I ran to the market as well and picked up a few cheesy type things because they have THE BEST SELECTION. I have been craving pizza and needed some shreds so I decided to try the Violife shreds. I also grabbed some FYH American slices for grilled cheese and you know it love that.


I also ran to Trader Joe's and picked up some stuff. I grabbed some grape tomatoes, baby spinach, Crunchy Curls (yum!), the Vegan Jackfruit Cakes, some of the Hi-Protein Veggie Burgers to try, shredded hash browns, green onions, cucumber and I started hoarding my Scandinavian Tidings gummies (omg guys honestly they are so freaking good).

I also did a little meal prep yesterday.


I was reminded about the deliciousness of Cucumber Salad by The-student-turned-Doctor so I made a batch to munch on through the week. It looks really good, I LOVE cucumber salad.


This is a crappy picture of some delicious potato latkes! I NEVER fry anything at home but I decided that for Hanukkah I needed to do it so I pan fried these gorgeous, crispy latkes. It is more difficult with no binding but they stayed together and they are delicious. I used the Trader Joe's shredded potatoes with salt, pepper and green onions and they are delicious. I like mine with a little Tofutti Sour Cream.

That's what I have for you today! I don't know what I'll have on Friday, I think it depends on how I feel over the week. Hopefully I can knock it out soon but who knows. Anyway, I hope you are all doing well and I'll see you back here soon!


10 comments:

Jennifer said...

I always drool at people's latkes. They look so good, but frying scares me.

Hillary said...

I need to force myself to go to Trader Joe's one more time before the holidays are over for those gummies!! I am a sucker for a vegan gummy candy!!
I've always loved sour cream with my potato pancakes. Yours look so good. Now I need to make some very soon OMG!!!
I hope you feel better and are able to fight the cold!

J said...

Hope you feel better soon! Your potato latkes look incredibly delicious!

Sarah said...

I HATE frying!!! It scares me too which is why I never do it but I took one for the team and made it happen. There were some close calls but it was totally worth it.

Sarah said...

I highly recommend trying them if you can! They are delicious!! I'm going to try to load up one more time to last me for a little while, ha!

Thank you!! They are delicious! I will probably make more in the future but I'll try to bake them next time. The frying is scary, ha!

Thanks, me too!

Sarah said...

Thanks Julie! They are pretty delicious :)

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I know what you mean about never seeming to get sick. Maybe that's why my immune system hates me so much--not enough to do! But I hope you feel better very soon.

I know that style of cookie as a whoopie pie, but either way, I get ridiculously excited about them! That looks amazing!

And Happy Hanukkah! I love potato pancakes, too. I'd probably end up using a mixture of mashed potatoes and shredded potatoes to try to hold them together, but you didn't need that--yours look amazing and I love the idea of having them with Tofutti sour cream.

And of course I'm also so pleased to know I inspired you to have some cucumber salad! Glad you got to have something you liked.

Sarah said...

I was literally saying how I haven't had bronchitis in years (it used to be an annual occurrence) and BAM! Within days I have bronchitis. I jinxed myself big time.

Yeah I think the whoopie pies are a lighter, cakier cookie rather than the regular cookies that they use at this bakery. Either way, they are delicious!

Thank you! That would be smart to use mashed potatoes but I went for it with the shredded and it worked out ok. The sour cream is the perfect addition!

It was amazing, thanks for the inspiration!!

Bianca said...

MMmmmmmmm latkes! YUM!!! Those looks amazing! And I MUST get back to TJ's soon. I thought I'd go all the time when ours opened, but I've been TWICE! Ha! Granted, it's a 30-minute drive from my house but still ... I can't believe I've not been back yet!

Sarah said...

Thanks! OMG yes, you have to go get all the seasonal things from Trader Joe's!!! Definitely worth the drive :)