Friday, November 30, 2018

Broccoli Corn Casserole RECIPE & Stuff I Ate!

Hey you guys! Happy weekend! I hope you all had a great week. I'm so ready for the weekend but sadly I still have today and tomorrow before I get there. Do you guys have any fun plans? I think I'm going to be taking my brother's annual family holiday portraits this weekend which should be fun. Otherwise I'm hoping to be mellow, work on a few things for myself and relax. I've been pretty exhausted lately and I haven't had a whole lot of time to decompress so I'm going to actually mark that into my planner to make sure that I set aside some time to do that. It's so important to make time for yourself.

Before I get into some stuff I ate I wanted to share the Broccoli Corn Casserole recipe from Thanksgiving. This is my favorite Thanksgiving dish and we have made it for as long as I can remember. I remember eating it in my pre-vegan days because we had to tweak the recipe to make it fully vegan when I went vegan. I *think* my mom's friend gave her the recipe but I'm not 100% sure.



Broccoli Corn Casserole (Veganized)

Ingredients:
1 lb bag frozen broccoli florets
16 oz can creamed corn (most creamed corn is vegan!!)
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 stick vegan butter
1 cup Herb Stuffing Mix (for drier consistency, add additional 1/2 cup of stuffing mix)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine broccoli, creamed corn, onion, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl. Mix and set aside.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan and stir in dry stuffing mix and stir until completely coated.
4. Add stuffing to veggie mix and stir until incorporated.
5. Pour into a lightly greased 9x13 pan and bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes.

As you can see, it is such an easy recipe and it comes together quickly. It does have a long cook time but the prep time is minimal. It is great as leftovers (my family knows I claim the leftovers, ha!) and all year round! If you decide to give it a try please let me know how you like it!

And now for a few meals I ate over the past few days:


I haven't been feeling great the past few days due to a Fibro flare up so I've been eating kind of mild foods that are quick to make. This breakfast was easy but delicious. I had some toast with some Earth Balance and a delicious pear.


I made some of my favorite No Chicken Noodle Soup. I find soup to be a great meal when I'm in my flares because they come together quickly, are easy to eat and it is so comforting. I ate this a few times but only photographed it once. I finally ran out of soy curls so I'll have to get some more!


I decided to treat myself to a proper bagel store bagel so I got a pumpernickel bagel with scallion tofutti cream cheese and it was DELICIOUS.


I have been loving my pears lately. Unlike the avocado I got from Trader Joe's, these pears ripened up quite nicely.

So that's what I have for you today! I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend, to any Jewish friends out there Happy Hanukkah! It starts on Sunday and I'm quite excited because Hanukkah is a fun one :) You better believe I have some potato latkes on my radar for next week!





8 comments:

Hillary said...

Thanks for the casserole recipe, it looks amazing. I haven't ha creamed corn in so, so long!
I hope you feel better soon. I love soup when I don't feel well too.
Yay for latkes!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Sorry your avocado didn't ripen when you were having a flare. That's just insult to injury.

The cassrole sounds great! You had me at stuffing mix and creamed corn! (I will eat stuffing in pretty well all forms, and I have some leftover from Thanksgiving. Hmm...) I don't mind the long cooking time this time of year. I love having the oven on for a long time when it's cold out.

J said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe for the broccoli corn casserole; it sounds so good! I hope you feel better soon and have a wonderful Hanukkah!

Sarah said...

It's so good, if you try it I hope you love it!

Thanks! I'm feeling really yucky right now so I see a lot of soup in my future.

Sarah said...

Right?! Avocados have been so disappointing lately.

OMG it's so so good, I think you'll love it. I agree, it's really nice to have the oven on when it's so cold, especially when the house smells delicious from whatever is cooking.

Sarah said...

No Problem!! Thank you so much!

J said...

I finally got around to making the casserole; it was quite delicious!

Kat E said...

Making this for the 3rd time so thought I owed you a thank you! Love this combo.