Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Trader Joe's Haul and Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone! I hope all is well and that you all had a great weekend. I'm excited to share a little Trader Joe's haul with you and some delicious meals that I ate this week. I'm so sorry that I forgot to get the recipe for that broccoli corn casserole but I PROMISE I will get it for you on Friday. It's my favorite and I can't wait for you to try it!


So here is the haul. I have a ton of veggies at home so I was filling in. I got some of the Scandinavian Tidings gummies (like Swedish Fish) which are SO MUCH BETTER than the Scandinavian Swimmers. I will definitely be hoarding these as they are seasonal and they are such a delicious option if you are looking for some sweets. I got some potatoes, apples and pears, the new Crunchy Vegetable pouches, the Maple Ladders cereal (I can't wait to try this!), some banana bread, carrots, backups of the gyoza and miso ginger broth, the cocoa peppermint creamer, some tofu and an avocado. 


This delicious meal was some leftovers from Thanksgiving and it was just as delicious as Thanksgiving night :)


I needed some warm comfort food so I made a bowl of my No Chicken Noodle Soup!


I was loving the roasted potatoes from Thanksgiving so I prepped some to have throughout the week with my dinners. So delicious.


This is my new favorite oatmeal! I baked up some apples with cinnamon and maple syrup and added them to oats and topped with pecan "chips" (I guess that is what they call pecans that are chopped really small).

So that's what I have for you today! I'll be back Friday with that recipe and probably some more stuff I ate. I hope you have a great week!

9 comments:

Hillary said...

I hope you love the creamer! I just got a second container I love it that much! I didn't see the crispy vegetable pouches. I also didn't see the Scandinavian tidings. I do remember trying the swimmers and they weren't the worst, but they also weren't my favorite.

Sarah said...

The creamer was great! It is definitely in my rotation now :) The veggie pouches are pretty good, I don't know if they will become a staple for me but they are a good treat. The Scandinavian tidings, however, will be hoarded because they are delicious and sometimes you just need some gummies. At least I do, ha! The swimmers are not great because the damn blue ones just ruin the bunch!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I swore I commented on this last night and the internet ate my words, I suppose. That oatmeal looks amazing. I love cooked apples.

I don't know how you can go to Trader Joe's and not come back with half the store. I always end up buying so much stuff when I go there (which is why I tend to only go once in a blue moon). Are the Scandinavian Tidings like Swedish Fish or like something else? I LOVE Swedish Fish.

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

You literally say they are so I'm not asking this question well--so the internet should have eaten this comment instead. Anyway, I guess I'm asking how the two differ.

Sarah said...

The oatmeal is delicious!! I'll post a recipe for it next week. It's super easy and if you bake the apples ahead of time it comes together super quickly!

I have to have restraint when I go to Trader Joe's for sure. I want everything but I really try to stay on budget. I have a few splurge items per week so I do get to try everything and I will absolutely be hoarding the Scandivian Tidings, ha!

They have the same texture as Swedish fish and I think the flavor of the red ones are quite similar (a berry flavor) but the white ones (grape) and green (green apple) are different. I honestly think they are better and they are such a great choice when you are craving some candy. I highly recommend trying them.

Jennifer said...

I've been using the peppermint mocha creamer in a "white russian" chocolatey drink. I've been using coffee rum (khluhua is the big brand) and cocoa liquer with the creamer. Yum.

J said...

Yay for Thanksgiving leftovers and no chicken noodle soup! I really need to make that soup again soon!

Sarah said...

OMG that sounds delicious!!!! Perfect use for it! It would be good with hot chocolate too, it'll add a nice creaminess and the hint of mint.

Sarah said...

yay! I'm so glad you love it!