Tuesday, November 6, 2018

New Products and Stuff I Ate!

Hi everyone! I hope that all is well and that you had a great weekend! I feel like the weekend was really long for some reason (well probably because we gained an hour) and I am definitely not mad at that. I'm excited for this post because I have a few new (at least to me) products to share and a few meals that I enjoyed this week.


I saw a post on Instagram from the Sweet To Lick Market that showed some new vegan seafood items that they had just gotten in. I was never a huge fan of seafood before my veg days but for some reason shrimp was the exception. I saw the breaded vegan shrimp and had to get my butt over to the market and pick it up. You know I can't just walk out from the market with one item but I did show some self control and only grabbed a few items. I got a package of the vegan breaded shrimp, these yummy looking organic cocoa rice sticks filled with coconut cream and some pudding.


I have been craving pizza lately so I decided to splurge on a Daiya pizza (it was on sale and still a splurge at the sale price, I would never buy it full price). I don't know what possessed me to get the pepperoni style version because I was never a pepperoni fan but I think I was just super curious. I can't wait to try this, I think Friday night may be a pizza night!


I obviously couldn't wait to try the breaded vegan shrimp so I cooked some up along with some tots and gave them a try. I'm going to be honest… they were so disappointing. They had exactly zero flavor at all. They were so bland and I don't like tartar sauce or cocktail sauce or anything so it was just plain bland boringness. If you have a sauce or something to add some flavor then maybe but for the price I just don't think they were worth it.


I have been eating tons of salads lately. I've been trying to eat one a day. I am going to be eating different salads too so I'll make sure to photograph those.


My vegan chick'n noodle soup has been a staple meal now that it had gotten chilly out. I love it with a piece of fruit and on this day I brought the leftover soup to work with a pear. So delicious.

So that's what I have for you today! I'll review the rice cocoa stick things when I try them as well as the pizza! I hope that you all have a wonderful week and I'll see you back here on Friday!


8 comments:

Hillary said...

I remember trying those shrimp years ago and I felt the same way. They make other vegan seafood products but they're too expensive to take another risk.
Winco sells the daiya pizzas for under six bucks which as you said is still a splurge, but I got one as a treat a few weeks ago I think I got just the plain cheese and I actually enjoyed it! I remember not always caring for it in the past but it tasted good to me now!! I hope you enjoy it.
I need to make some no chicken soup, that sounds so soothing!

Sarah said...

Yeah, it was super disappointing and like we've said before, the hefty price tag always makes things even more disappointing.

Yeah the sale price was still $7 so definitely way too much money for a frozen pizza but sometimes you just need to treat yourself. I can't wait to try it!

I made soup again for lunch today, ha!

J said...

That's too bad that the breaded vegan shrimp was a disappointment; everything else looks great, though, and I hope you enjoy the pizza!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I think of frozen pizza this way: I couldn't get a pizza delivered to me that I would eat, and I'd easily pay $7 for that, so...

Although I don't often buy the pizza anyway, actually. I do sometimes splurge on one if it's on sale. I haven't tried the Daiya ones--just the Annie's and one I got at Whole Foods a few times. You'll have to let us know how it is!

Sarah said...

That's a really great way to think of it!

The Daiya was pretty good. Next time I'd probably do the plain cheese because pepperoni is not my fav and I definitely wouldn't pay full price ($10.49) but on sale it is a great treat!

Sarah said...

Thanks! THe pizza was definitely yummy and it was definitely too bad about the shrimp but I'm glad I gave it a try!

Jennifer said...

http://www.maywahnyc.com/Vegan_Red_Spot_Prawns_S_p/a016s.htm
You should tr May Wah's shrimp. I think it is what lots of Asian restaurants use in the vegetarian dishes. I think I tried their fish, which was pretty good. They have lots of locations in the NYC area.

I hope the pizza was good. I LOVE pepperoni! But it is one of those things that has not lived up to the non-vegan original. I think too many people try and make them low fat, and you need that bright red oil!

Sarah said...

Thanks so much for the recommendation, I'll have to look into it! The pizza was really good. Pepperoni isn't my favorite but this version wasn't bad. I'd definitely go for cheese if I got it again but it's definitely a good option for a frozen pizza craving.