Tuesday, November 13, 2018

New (To Me) Trader Joe's Stuff and Some Yummy Meals!

Hey everyone! I hope that you are well! I'll be honest, last week was a total shit show and this week has not been starting off great either so things have been kind of a mess for me. I did still make sure to capture some of the things I was eating as well as a partial Trader Joe's haul. I tend to get the same things week to week so this week I only photographed the things that were new to me. I know a lot of these products are not new in Trader Joe's but I had never tried them before so I figured I would share them.

So before I get into the photos I have 2 side notes:

1. Part of the reason this week has sucked was because my car finally died (it was a 1998 Nissan Altima) and not only did I have to part ways with it but car hunting has been a nightmare and I have to depend on others to get around. It has been incredibly stressful and I just can't wait until this is done.

2. After eliminating gluten for however long it has been I decided that it just isn't doing anything so I'm adding it back in (in moderation) so some of these meals do have gluten in them.

Ok, let's get into all the things!


So up first are the things that I got from Trader Joe's that I've never tried before. I have heard great things about the Miso Ginger Broth and thought it would be perfect for a quick dinner during the cold months. I also got the Maple Leaf Cookies (which I'm sure will be awesome with tea), THE VEGAN BANANA BREAD (!!!! It took so long for us to get it at my store!) and some of the Thai vegetable gyoza.


My first meal was an Asian Chopped Salad that came straight from the bag 😂 It was really delicious and it was a nice departure from my usual Caesar style salad.


I tried the gluten free Daiya Pepperoni Pizza and it was pretty good! I would probably just get the plain cheese next time because I'm just not a pepperoni fan but I was pretty happy with how it tasted. I wouldn't never pay the regular price of $10.49 for it but I would definitely get one the next time it is on sale to keep in the freezer.


This, my friends, is the piece de resistance this week. I made this amazing soup in less than 15 minutes with 4 ingredients. I used 1 cup of the Ginger Miso broth pictured above, some baby bok choy, the Thai veggie gyoza (also pictured above) and some green onion. It was so incredible and will DEFINITELY be a winter staple meal.


I made some zucchini noodle pasta with sauce and beef less crumbles to bring to work for lunch.


And here is a piece of toast with crunchy peanut butter and banana which I have been craving FOR SO LONG. 

So that's what I have for you today! I hope you all have a wonderful week and hopefully I'll have a happy car update for you on Friday! 💜

8 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh you will love the maple leaf cookies!! They are dangerously delicious!!
Oh no, I feel bad car hunting is the worst! I hope you find something soon!! Good luck!
That gyoza soup is brilliant! I've always wondered about the ginger miso broth!!

Sarah said...

I haven't tried them yet but I can't wait!! I bet they would be amazing crumbled over vanilla soy ice cream! I can't even explain the anxiety I've been feeling during this whole process. I can't wait until it's over.
The soup was so so delicious. I really like the broth and will definitely be stocking up on it the next time I go (it sells out a lot in my location!). It's a perfect quick, comforting cold weather meal!

Jennifer said...

Ugh cars suck! Buying cars suck! It's the worst.

But that soup looks awesome! If you swing by Aldi's again, they have very similar maple cookies that are a little cheaper.

Sarah said...

It is the worst. I'm really agitated by the whole process. My anxiety levels have been overwhelming.

Thanks! The soup was delicious. Ahhh thanks for the tip! I haven't tried the cookies yet but it's great to know there is a cheaper option (can't believe options get cheaper than Trader Joe's, ha!).

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

It looks like you've been eating well, at least! I would have a very hard time giving up gluten, too. I love the Trader Joe's gyoza but I never thought of making soup out of them. I bet that would be pretty great!

I know what you mean about the car thing. I hate, hate, hate car shopping and feeling so dependent on people. I ended up renting a car for a week last time I was car shopping because I hated not having transportation so much, even though I did have rides to and from work. I miss my old convertible but my new car (used, and I've had it about a year and a half now and it still feels new to me, anyway!) really is objectively better. Plus it has seat warmers and has spoiled me forever. I hope you get a car you love.

J said...

I'm sorry to hear about your old car; I hope you find a new car that you like soon! And that stinks that avoiding gluten hasn't been helping, but that's good that you can add it back in again! Your soup looks absolutely incredible!

Sarah said...

Thank you! The soup with the gyoza is so freaking delicious, it's such a great combo and it comes together so quickly.

It was a freaking nightmare but it's over! I ended up leasing and I'm thrilled with my decision because I just couldn't take it, ha!

Sarah said...

Thank you!! The soup was delicious and I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty glad I have gluten back in my life, ha!