Friday, January 25, 2019

What I Ate In A Day

Hey everyone! I hope all is well, Happy Friday! This week was definitely better than last and I'm eating more normally. I decided to photograph the meals I ate in one day to share with you. I don't know how many calories it is and I don't care because it's three meals which I haven't done in at least a week.

Anyway, you'll see for the most part this is a lazy day for meals. Breakfast and lunch were especially lazy because I didn't particularly care or feel like making anything so I just kind of figured out easy meals. This was what I ate on Wednesday so you'll see that helped me make my decision for lunch 😂

Anyway, here is what I ate in a day!


For breakfast I had more of the Trader Joe's Maple Ladders cereal with some sliced banana and unsweetened almond milk.


For lunch I stopped by the store to take part in Sushi Wednesday. These yummy rolls cost me a total of $5 so it was worth the splurge for minimal effort. Once I get back from Florida one of the meals that I have in mind is a sushi bowl so I'm looking forward to making that in the future! In the meantime, this was delicious and was a perfect lazy meal for me.


For dinner I had a mushroom risotto burger from Aldi's and some roasted potatoes. Super lazy but also good so I'm fine with it. 

I'm super tired and have a lot to accomplish this weekend but I'm just going to try to push through it because I get to relax next week! I'm hoping it'll be warm in Florida because I just need some sun and some time off. I'm really excited to be able to share my trip with you as I always do! 

I hope you all have a great weekend! I'll see you back here on Tuesday 💜


12 comments:

Hillary said...

That sushi looks so good! I definitely want to make some sushi soon. Sprouts has five dollar sushi on Wednesdays too! Woot woot!
Your dinner is like my dream meal!
I'm so happy to get to go to Florida and relax, you definitely deserve it!!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

This is a perfectly reasonable amount of calories by my calculation (which consists of eyeballing it and calling it good). I'm glad you're finding ways to feed yourself! I hope Florida proves soothing.

Unknown said...

I would totally stop for sushi every Wednesday if it was $5 for that gorgeous roll!
And who cares if you actually “made” anything..? If it’s tasty and makes you happy then all is right. I make a dish i call Lazy Girl Tofu regularly- literally dice tofu, microwave, drain excess liquid and add a splash of trader joe’s soyaki. Makes me very happy and it’s really delicious!
Ttrockwood

Sarah said...

It was really good. It's a perfect meal for when I don't feel like prepping and the price is right. Yay for Sprouts!

Dinner was good and super easy.

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to getting away for a bit!

Sarah said...

Haha thanks! I think that just comes from my eating disorder days where I just wasn't eating enough and getting called out for it. Sometimes you need to make concessions and eat easy food and this stuff wasn't as processed as other things I could have chosen to I'm happy.

Thanks!!

Sarah said...

They make really good sushi, especially for a grocery store! It's always really fresh and the price (even at full price) is right! I agree, I think I feel like if I'm not cooking it doesn't count or something. I think it also goes back to my eating disorder days of feeling like I need to eat perfect meals (and restrict as I mentioned above) and maintain a perfectly clean healthy diet. While disordered behaviors may stop the thoughts tend to stick around. But I agree, sometimes it's just more important to eat a meal than to obsess over it's value, the effort you put into it and how colorful it is :) The tofu sounds delicious!

J said...

That's awesome that you got three meals in; everything looks great, especially those roasted potatoes, yum!

Unknown said...

Maple Ladders, haven't tried those yet. I' been vegan since 1985. Vegan food has come a long way.

Sarah said...

Thank you! The potatoes were delicious, always a highlight!

Sarah said...

Wow, that's amazing! It really has come a long way, I always feel so spoiled by the choices. The Maple Ladders are really good. They definitely have a much stronger maple scent than flavor.

Jennifer said...

That bowl of maple ladders looks super yummy

Sarah said...

It was delicious!