Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Random Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone!! I hope you are well. I am really excited because it is the day before my trip to Florida and the only day I am working this week. It is so close I can smell it. We have some really fun stuff planned and I just can't wait to see my bestie. The past few weeks have been really difficult for me so this break couldn't have come at a better time.

As I mentioned previously I did not go grocery shopping because I just didn't think it was necessary. I have a few random meals to share but not a ton. They were all good though so there is that. I am still going to post on Friday, and next week will be Florida wrap up week! I'm planning on doing a post on just what I ate there and a post on some of the stuff we did there. I can't wait to share it with you!

Anyway, let's check out some random meals:


Some chip crumbs and salsa. This was the bottom of the bag and difficult to dip but it was still tasty. I saved the actual crumbs because they will be great in a taco salad or a taco soup kind of situation.


We have a deli next door to where I work that makes actual deli food but has a ton of South American fare as well (the owners are from Venezuela). When I don't bring lunch and I need food I'll grab some rice, broccoli and some yucca. It is delicious.


Something I made a few times this week was the Aldi's baked teriyaki tofu with some roasted veggies and rice. It was very delicious and comes together so quickly.

So that's what I have for you today! I'm going to get a post ready for Friday and then I'll be back with the Florida wrap up posts next week! I hope that you all enjoy the rest of your week and I'll see you back here soon! 💜

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well I think those are mighty fine meals! Chips & Salsa are my go-to when I have no idea what else to eat...I mean...you can load them up with rice and beans and veggies and toppings and it's a meal in itself! I hope you have FUN on your trip!

Unknown said...

Enjoy florida!! And omfg wear a TON of sunscreen! I totally save chip and pretzel crumblies in the bottom of the bag too- they’re awesome on veggies or salad or whatever.
The rice and veg and yucca lunch sounds great to me, i really love that nyc has so many cultures and flavors and foods that are often discovered by accident.
Ttrockwood

Hillary said...

I've never ha yucca, but that meal looks so tasty! And the roasted broccoli looks so ggod! I think roasting is the best way to cook broccoli!
I hope you have so much fun in Florida! Catch some rays for me!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

J said...

Those look like some great, simple meals! Hope you have an awesome time in Florida!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

A South American deli sounds so fun! I hope you enjoy Florida.

Sometimes I mix chip crumbs with a bit of salsa and eat it with a spoon.

Sarah said...

Thanks! Chips and salsa is delicious and I don't know why I forget about them all the time! Thanks, it was amazing!

Sarah said...

Thank you! I had nothing to worry about, there was no sun to speak of but it was so much warmer, thankfully. Yes, the crumbs are great to add! Pretzels would be great to add to trail mixes too!

I love that it's so easy to find different foods too. The meal is great and it is a standard for me when I don't get a chance to make lunch in the morning.

Sarah said...

The yucca is really great, it's starchy like a potato. I agree, roasting is the best way to cook most veggies in my opinion ;)

Thank you! It was a great time!

Sarah said...

Thank you!!

Sarah said...

It was awesome! Thanks!

Oooh I could totally see myself doing that!