Friday, June 7, 2019

For Doug

This was not the post I was supposed to write. I was supposed to write the post about how I found an amazing vegan man who swept me off my feet. The man whose values closely aligned with mine and came out of nowhere. My dining companion at the amazing dinner at Zen Garden that I shared a few days ago. I was going to introduce you to my potential new vegan partner that I had waited 35 years for. Things were going well. We were happy and moving toward a beautiful relationship. Instead, I have to share with you the man who was taken from me WAY WAY too soon.

I can't get into details now because it is still too raw. I found out Wednesday that this amazing man that taught me in a very short period of time how to love and be loved and that I deserve happiness was taken from me far too soon due to a completely tragic accident. I am completely brokenhearted. I can only imagine the amazing things the future held. He was kind, compassionate, passionate, empathetic, caring, intelligent and fascinating. He made this world a better place and he made my life better for the short while he was in it. Our connection was quick and it was deep. He made me happy and I know I made him happy.

My heart is broken. It wasn't supposed to be this way. I think I need to take a little time to grieve and get through this. I will be back though because that is what he would want. He was an activist to his core, always fighting for what he believed in. He wouldn't want me to stop reaching for my goals and I owe it to him to keep fighting.

I will be back soon. 💚

10 comments:

Blake Fraina said...

I'm so sorry.

Em said...

How awful. I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Panty Buns said...

My sincere sympathy and heartfelt condolences for your loss, and admiration for your resolve to keep reaching for your goals as he would have wanted you to.

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

So sorry to read this, Sarah. Take all the time you need. Reach out if you want; know I'll think of you even if you don't.

Hillary said...

Take all the time you need. I'm so, so sorry. Thinking of you.

J said...

I'm so sorry, Sarah.

Susan said...

Oh Sarah, I am so very sorry. <3

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking of you.

Trixie said...

I'm sooo sorry Sarah. My prayers & thoughts are with you. xoxoox

Sarah said...

Thank you all so much <3