Friday, June 28, 2019

Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone. I hope you are well and that you had a good week. Things are about the same here, still cycling through emotions and still crying every day. It comes in waves and I am certainly able to fondly remember the memories we do have but that typically is followed by the intense grief over the memories we never got to make. I have been making more of an effort to eat better and take care of myself. I feel a little lost but I know he will help guide me forward and I've still be working really hard to continue on the path that he had inspired me to take.

I've been eating a lot more fresh food this week and it definitely feels better. We should definitely be going to Aldi this weekend so we'll see what kinds of stuff I pick up. I will definitely be sure to share that with you on Tuesday.


I love fresh fruit during the summer so this container of cantaloupe and strawberries was delicious and refreshing.


I brought this for lunch one day. My standard dolma, roasted veg, fresh veg and hummus with a peach on the side.


I made a pizza for dinner using the pizza crust from Trader Joe's that you saw in my last haul. It was really good and came together so quickly. 


I had my weekly pumpernickel bagel with entirely too much tofu spread 😂 I always save the extra and use it later, it works out pretty well.


Another container of fruit, this time grapes and strawberries. Also delicious.


This dinner was super delicious and a little random. I had some dolmas, roasted veggies and hummus with some tots on the side. So good.


I wish I could give you a source credit for this but a friend of mine posted it on FB with no source. It really resonated with me right now so I just wanted to share it.


I've learned this week that sunglasses are your best friend with your eyes are perpetually puffy from random bouts of crying. You can't tell that I'm actually a mess under there 😂

That's all I have for you today. I'll be back Tuesday with an Aldi haul. I hope you all enjoy your weekend and do all kinds of fun summer things. I have no idea what I'll do this weekend but I do think some self care is going to have to be on the agenda.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Self care is always a good plan, whatever form it takes. <3
Your food looks lovely. Strawberries are my favourite fruit. Weirdly here they are better in winter than in summer, they go mouldy in two seconds in summer, but as it is winter here we have an excellent supply.

Hillary said...

Those green grapes look so plump and firm! I've been having mixed luck with grapes.
Your tot, grape leaves, roasted veggies and hummus meal looks amazing! Hummus plates are definitely your signature meal!
You definitely look pulled together!
I hope you have a restful weekend!

J said...

Your dinner of dolmas, veggies, hummus, and tots looks perfectly delicious! Cute sunglasses, and I hope you enjoy your trip to Aldi!

Sarah said...

Susan: Thank you. Strawberries are one of my favs too so I was happy to finally have some back in my life. Interesting how they are better in the winter!

Hillary: The green grapes were so good! I typically prefer red but these were sweet and juicy and crispy. Yes, I love my hummus plates! Haha thanks, I tried!

Julie: Thank you! It was a delicious meal. I'm looking forward to Aldi.