Friday, June 21, 2019

Stuff I Ate

Hey guys. This post is going to be short because I only managed to take 2 pictures. I haven't been eating well or consistently so I haven't really thought much about photographing it. I am still struggling. I miss him every day and I still cry every single day. It is going to take time but I'm doing the best I can. It's almost the weekend thankfully and I do have some things planned that will hopefully be a good distraction. I'm going to take a ride out to Aldi with my mom so I can buy some proper groceries (it's been a while) with some fresh food especially and I am going to be really doing a thorough cleaning of my space. I have a lot of clutter from old projects I worked on and books that I'm donating and things like that so I really want to get my space cleared out. I still haven't been able to bring myself to create any art. The last piece I made was completed on the night he passed. I haven't felt particularly creative since.

Anyway, here are the two meals I managed to photograph:


This was a dinner that I had of some Field Roast mini corn dogs, some tots and some corn.


This was a bagel from a different bagel store (they have the BEST bagels - don't judge the appearance, this one just looks a little squished) with some Tofu Spread and it was good. Of course it was entirely too much spread so I took out a lot of it but it was a damn good meal.

And that's it for today. Hopefully we do get to Aldi so I can show you a haul on Tuesday. I hope you all have a good weekend and I'll see you next week. 💚

5 comments:

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Tater tots are amazing, as are corn dogs. Together, they are extra-amazing, and I'm glad you had them.

Recovery from loss is tough. I'm glad you have someone to go to the store with you.

Hillary said...

Maybe clearing out your space will help you feel inspired again with your art. Sometimes when I do a deep clean or organize something I get a rush of energy.
This is a huge loss to get over, and I think you're doing great! You'll get back to it when you're ready.
Have so much fun at Aldi! I miss that store, and they went and got all vegan friendly after I moved!!!

J said...

Your dinner of corn dogs, tots, and corn looks great! Good luck with cleaning, and I hope you find some fun things at Aldi! <3

Sarah said...

The Student-turned-Doctor: Yes, both are indeed amazing, it was a great meal! It has been really hard. The trip got pushed back as you'll see but I'm doing better with meals this week.

Hillary: I didn't get to the cleaning but I did get to make some art, as you know. It's been really hard. I struggle and cry every day.

Julie: Thanks! Aldi got pushed back but I'm looking forward to heading over next week.

Susan said...

They both look like some very yummy and comforting meals.
Loss and grief hard, there is no timeline, look after yourself where you can. <3