Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Aldi's Haul & Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone! I hope you are well. I'm excited to say that I was able to take a trip out to Aldi's on Sunday with the company of my mom and was able to get some fun stuff. Since we aren't there often I tried to stock up on things. Some things I took a gamble on since I've never tried it but I guess we'll see. Anyway, I have a haul to share (minus a few things that didn't make it into the picture) and a few meals that I ate. My appetite has been nonexistent so this is the best that I've been able to do. Hopefully things will turn around and I'll be able to share some more exciting meals.


So here is the Aldi's haul. I got some sweet butter lettuce, grapes ($.99/lb), 2 packages of Teriyaki baked tofu, some Seedtastic bread that reminded me of Dave's Killer Bread (at a way better price), two packages of the Mushroom Risotto Veggie Burgers and 2 bags of the Gluten Free Black Sesame Brown Rice Crisps. Unpictured is some black cherry sparkling water, potatoes and Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. I'm excited to try the Mushroom Risotto burgers. They seem to have pretty god ingredients so I wasn't too concerned about them being "processed" and I think it'll be delicious! I got two of them because I knew I'd be mad if I only got one and loved it.


So my first sad meal was the last of my apple crisp. I ate this with almond milk instead of yogurt and it rehydrated the oats into an oatmeal like state and it was really delicious.


For dinner one night I had a piece of avocado toast and a giant carrot from Whole Foods.


For this breakfast I had the maple ladders cereal from Trader Joe's with banana and pecan chips on top.


Finally this is a delicious plate of chips and guac that I ate while I was out running errands all day yesterday. 

So this is what I have for you today. I hope you all have a great week and I'll see you here on Friday!

9 comments:

Hillary said...

When I lived in PA. I use to love Aldi. I am a bit sad that they've become a vegan Mecca after I left! I've heard rumblings of an Aldi coming here, but I'm not holding my breath!
I love the baked tofu at Trader Joe's, and I bet theirs is the same! Great haul!!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Sorry you've lost your appetite! I hate it when that happens to me so I can imagine you're frustrated.

I've never had the maple ladders but the way you've served them makes them look amazing.

Sarah said...

They do have some pretty great options! A lot of the processed stuff doesn't quite fit my tastes which is probably for the best but I'm really hoping that the mushroom burgers are good! I am excited to try the baked tofu!

Sarah said...

It's really hard to deal with feeling this way. Mine has been brought on by anxiety and stuff like that so it's just this awful feeling all around and not eating makes your body feel even worse.

The maple ladders are really good! They are very crunchy which I like and these toppings made them extra delicious!

Unknown said...

Nice ALDI haul! WOW!!!

Unknown said...

In the Erie area...I wouldn't call it a Mecca but they have been making improvements! teehee!

Jennifer said...

I got those mushroom risotto burgers too! I haven't tried them yet though.

Sarah said...

Oooh yay! Hopefully they are great! I'm hoping to try them this weekend.

J said...

Hooray for Aldi! I haven't gotten the teriyaki baked tofu or mushroom risotto burgers yet, but they both sound great! The chips and guac look delicious, too!