Friday, January 4, 2019

Stuff I'm Into

Hey guys! I hope that you are well and had a good week! I am getting back into my normal routine and trying to catch up on sleep. I should be back to regular food posts next week and I'm looking forward to it! For today, I thought it would be fun to share some of the things I've been loving lately. I would love to hear about the things you've been enjoying as well!

Netflix


It shouldn't be a surprise that I love The Great British Bake Off because I've mentioned it before in another favorites post. However, I took a break for a few season when Mary Berry and the two hosts left the show. Paul is entertaining but I tried watching with all the new people and I just wasn't able to get into it. I heard that there was an all vegan episode on the latest season to hit Netflix so I decided to give it another try. Naturally this leads to a 2 season binge and I can't get enough. I still miss Mel and Sue and Mary but the new crew has grown on me and the baking is as inspiring as always.


Do you guys have that movie that you keep checking for on Netflix? My movie was Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I love this movie and I have been wanting to watch it for so long but I was never able to find it on Netflix. I decided to try searching for it a week or two ago and it was there! If you have never seen this movie I highly recommend watching it! It's really good and I thought Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet were amazing in it. It also made me hate Elijah Wood and I didn't think that was possible 😂

Disney/Pixar

Over New Year's there were Disney movie marathons all over the place. Thanks to this I was able to watch a movie that I hadn't seen yet. In addition, Netflix added another movie I hadn't seen and both of them were incredible so I wanted to share!


Tangled was a Disney movie that I had somehow never seen but always wanted to watch. It hasn't been on Netflix since I've had the service and it was never on TV during these marathons. FINALLY it was on and I caught it during a Disney movie marathon and I FREAKING LOVED IT. It quickly became one of my new favorite Disney movies. I love the story and I love Rapunzel and it was beautiful and I just loved it.


Over Christmas I was asked if I had watched Coco and I said no. I was told it was incredible and I would cry like a baby. Truthfully I didn't have high hopes because I felt it started out a little slow but OH. MY. GOODNESS. It lived up to the hype and it was so good you guys. Of course I cried like a baby and I'm so glad it was recommended to me. It just happened to be added to Netflix so it was perfect timing and I highly recommend checking it out if you can!

Cookbook


This book has also come up before on this blog when I mentioned some cookbooks that were on my radar. I was lucky enough to receive NYC Vegan for the holidays and I am SO EXCITED!!! I haven't made anything from it yet but all of the recipes look delicious and I can't wait to dive in. Of course some of them will be once in a while treats because they don't quite fit into my nutrition goals for chronic illness management but there are also plenty of recipes that do! I'm so excited to give it a try and I can't wait to do a proper review once I've tried a few recipes!

Food


I have been seeing Tteokbokki (Korean rice cakes) EVERYWHERE lately and they sound so freaking good. It is my intention to run over to H-Mart this weekend to pick up some rice cakes and gochujang so I can try making them myself. I found a recipe from The Viet Vegan (pictured above from her site) that I am going to try and I can't wait!


Technically this is a meme but it contains food and is hilarious so I had to share it with you. I can't stop laughing every time I look at it 😂

As you can see I've been catching up on my Netflix/movie watching a lot lately. I have not been feeling great (chronic illness acting up and not sleeping much makes you not want to do much) so I've been giving my body the rest it needs and relaxing and catching up on Netflix. I rarely ever watch TV and I don't really use my Netflix a ton so it was nice to just relax and catch up. What have you been watching on Netflix lately?

That's all I have for you today! I hope that you have a great weekend and I'll be back Tuesday hopefully with a ton of hauls to share with you!! 







10 comments:

Hillary said...

I switched from Netflix to Hulu because I was ma at Netflix for something!! An I wanted to binge Brooklyn 99!
I've heard good things about Coco.
I love Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind. In my top five for sure!
I hope you get the rice cakes and gochujang. I've used The Viet Vegan and Cheap Lazy Vegans recipes and I love them both! I love the Viet Vegan!

Sarah said...

Awww! Yeah I've been in a Netflix binge mood lately and I'm find with it. I've been needing the rest and time to recharge so my body thanks me for my laziness, ha!

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is great. I am so glad it was on Netflix and I was able to watch it!

Oh I'm so glad that the Viet Vegan recipe is good! I can't wait to try!

J said...

That's great that you've been taking time to rest and relax; I hope you feel better soon! I need to watch Coco at some point; I've heard such good things about it!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. My binge watch of late has been Hoarders, which was on Amazon Prime. Watching it helps me find the energy, when I do have it, to keep trying to clean my home. It helps me, somehow, and has motivated me to rethink ways I can clean when I'm not up to things, like folding laundry or sorting papers in bed. I also started taking recycling or trash out every morning on my way to work, even if it is just a little bit. Life seems more manageable.

This week I'm also really loving marzipan, which is random, but some friends sent me some and it is SO GOOD.

Unknown said...

Sometimes your body tells you when to rest and you just have to listen and make self care a priority.
I got hooked on the series “somebody feed phil” which is certainly not vegan at all but he’s one of those funny new yoker old men that are entertaining to watch.
Totally get the rice cakes!! The sliced style ones are good for stir fry or soups, but for the traditional Tteokbokki it’s the longer tube shape
H mart actually delivers too, look on their website for if they deliver to you- comes from their megastore in jersey.
Ttrockwood

Jennifer said...

Yey Great British Bake Off! We watched one season with the new crew and yeah they grew on us. I haven't watched the season with the vegan episode yet though. We also started to watch the American version that comes out every holiday season. It stinks though because the condense a whole season in 3 two hour long episodes (so like 6 episodes) so you don't grow to love everyone as much. Hulu had it, but for some reason we can't watch the last episode on our TV. WHAT THE HECK?!

Sarah said...

I've been trying... the second half of the week hasn't been working out for me and I've been running around but one day I will slow down! Yes, watch Coco!!

Sarah said...

Thanks, the fatigue is relentless lately. Oooh that's definitely good motivation and these are some really great tips. I do a lot of my work from bed as well just to try and be more comfortable (I have a lot of pain in my hips and legs) and taking the trash out on the way is a really good idea too.

Oooh! I love the sweet almondy flavor of marzipan. You definitely can't eat a lot at a time but it is such a great treat!

Sarah said...

I definitely agree and I still haven't been great at making it a priority this weekend but I'm trying. One day I'll learn my lesson.

Oooh I'll have to check that out!! Old NYers are always amusing, especially when you are from here :)

Oooh thanks for the tip! I was going to get the traditional ones because I really wanted to get that chewy texture I hear so much about. I'm so excited to try it, I'm definitely going to get there this week! I live a few blocks away from one so it's definitely not a problem to get there!

Thanks and I hope you are well! <3

Sarah said...

Isn't it the best?! It definitely took a minute for them to grown on me but I really enjoyed it. I haven't seen the American one yet but I really need to see if I can track it down, I'm so curious to see how it compares!