Wednesday, January 2, 2019

End of the Year Meals

Hey everyone! Happy New Year! I hope that you are all doing well and had a great New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. I'm still pet sitting for my brother so things have been a little out of whack for me and my routine has been more hectic due to caring for all of the animals. I have barely been sleeping because the dogs decide that 4am is optimum time to play games with me so I'm exhausted. I love the snuggles but a girl needs some sleep 😂

I don't have a ton to share with you in this post just because I've been all out of sorts for the past week. I'm going to be home starting tomorrow night so things should normalize again soon. For now I just have a few pictures to share of meals I've eaten to get rid of my processed stuff and transition into my whole foods plant based living.


I had some tofutti cream cheese left that I wanted to finish so I toasted up a poppy bagel and schmeared on some Tofutti and it was freaking delicious. I am not going to give up gluten or bread but I'll make better choices by choosing whole grain bread products that are better for digestion.


Sometimes a girl just needs some chocolate if you know what I mean. I decided some Justin's peanut butter cups were my best option and they were delicious.


I'm sorry that this is a recycled pic but I just haven't been photographing my oatmeal. I've been eating a lot of oatmeal because it is one of my favorite winter breakfasts and this is a fairly typical bowl for me. I usually add raisins too and sometimes I'll use nuts instead of nut butter but you get the idea.


I've been trying to finish up my gyoza and spring rolls so I made this delicious dinner of Trader Joe's Miso Ginger broth with broccoli, seaweed and the Thai Veggie Gyoza with some of the Veggie Spring Rolls on the side. These spring rolls are freaking delicious and I know down the road I'll be eating these again as a treat because they are just really delicious.

That's all that I have for you today! I am hoping to get to H-Mart, Trader Joe's and Whole Foods at some point between now and next Tuesday so hopefully I'll have tons of hauls to share next week! I'll probably be back Saturday instead of Friday this week so I can get some more pictures to share as well.

I also wanted to say thanks for the feedback about the e-book. I think I'm going to go ahead and write it. I feel like the worst case scenario is that I just have an e-book written and no one buys it and if that's the case it's ok. It doesn't say anything about me or my worth or my abilities but I really want to write it because I do think there will be some value. I'll keep you posted on it and if you read here you'll definitely be getting sneak peeks of meals since I do post about my meals here too.

Happy New Year my friends and have a wonderful rest of your week! I'll see you Saturday!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

I must have been blogging a NEW post when you stopped over to comment on yesterdays post! Thanks! I added LOTS more today, too! LOVED seeing your End of the year meals! And you can't go wrong with bagels!!!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I love those peanut butter cups! And oatmeal is so nice in the winter.

I look forward to seeing your new meals--if you can give me ideas, I'm excited to see them. I've been thinking about ways I can make things better for me and it will help to look over your shoulder.

Hillary said...

I know what you mean about snuggle time. My girls like to bug me at od times of the night to. Le sigh!
I think your book is going to be great. It's definitely going to help people, and writing it will probably be so helpful to you too!

Sarah said...

Thank you! I know, bagels are the best food ever!

Sarah said...

Justin's PB cups are incredible, a perfect treat when you need chocolate. I love oatmeal and baked oatmeal is even easier because you don't have to stand over the stove to make it!

I'm excited to try out new meals. I hope that it will be helpful to you, I know how difficult it is to feel motivated when you have less than zero energy!

Sarah said...

2 and 4 AM were their favorite times to be annoying, ha! I'm going to be in my bed tonight though so I'm looking forward to some restful sleep.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your encouragement!

Jonathan Remsa said...

I feel ya on the whole bagel thing. I am trying to loose the last of my baby weight and try and eat better in general, so my daily bagel lunch has gone out of the window. It is a little sad but I've already noticed a big difference in my mood and digestion now that I am trying to have more veggies for lunch.

Jennifer said...

Ugh and as always I forgot to switch out of my husband's name when commenting lol

Sarah said...

Haha no worries! Bagels are the best and I doubt I'll get rid of them forever (I plan on treating myself to Dave's Killer Bagels - whole grain and a better option - half at a time to fulfill that craving) because they are my favorite food ever. I definitely plan on significantly increasing the fresh food intake and I hope that I'll have some similar results!

J said...

Hope you've been able to catch up on sleep the past few days! Your soup and spring rolls dinner looks so good! And yay, good luck with writing your book!