Friday, October 6, 2017

Fun Friday: Hello, Fall!

Hey everyone! Look, a Fun Friday post! I've had a major mental block up lately and I've just been completely unable to think of ideas for anything but thankfully Ingrid suggested doing a Fall post and I loved the idea! As you know, fall is my absolute favorite time of the year when I actually try to get out of my house and do things and experience the season. I figured I'd share some of my favorite things about fall that I'm looking forward to most!


Pumpkin Spice (AKA Basic Bitch - the common nickname I hear often and find hilarious) season is upon us. Truthfully, I'm kind of over the whole thing but I think it's funny that they have pumpkin spice EVERYTHING now. I don't miss the pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks (I remember it being so cloyingly sweet) because I've found something better anyway. Although with that said, my friend gifted me with Pumpkin Spice coffee grounds and I'm super excited to try that!


If you are at Starbucks and looking for a delicious vegan treat drink, go for the Salted Caramel Mocha. It's been my favorite for a few years and easy to veganize. Just go for soy or coconut milk, no whipped cream and no caramel drizzle. Honestly, it's so much better than the Pumpkin Spice latte ever was. I haven't had one yet this season but I need to get on it soon!


The one Basic Bitch item that I am going to make a point to make is some Pumpkin Bread. I'm actually hoping to make some on Monday when I have time but we'll see if I get sidetracked as I tend to. Anyway I'm planning on using the recipe that goes along with the gorgeous photo about (linked just below the photo) by Vegan Richa. My favorite add ins are walnuts and chocolate chips. What are yours?


I wasn't able to find the source link for this (it went to Pinterest where I searched and couldn't find it) but if I find it I'll add it in. Anyway, this simple graphic highlights the most wonderful parts of the fall perfectly. The crisp air and sweater weather, heading outside and enjoying the perfect weather and beautiful scenery and fun activities. I've made it a goal to actually go out and have fun this fall and do some fun fall activities with friends and families and by myself if I have to.


One activity I'm hoping to get to is the Haunted House set up at the Sands Point Preserve (the Gold Coast Mansion I wrote about a year or two ago). I am usually too afraid to deal with haunted houses but this one is set up at one of my favorite locations on earth and it is a Dante's Inferno theme so I feel like I need to at least try to get through it. Supposedly it's very scary so hopefully I can get through it. It is only open for a few days at the end of the month so hopefully I won't chicken out by then, ha!


You know I love my bucket lists and this one is pretty awesome and a good comprehensive fall bucket list. I am not interested in everything on the list but I would totally do most of these things. I'm going to hold onto it and see how much of it I can get through. Maybe as I check items off the list I can make future Fun Friday posts out of it :)


Of course the best part of fall is the amazing foliage and scenery. I will never get tired of seeing the leaves change and all of the color. It is amazing. This picture is from West Virginia I think but living in New York almost my entire life I've been treated to some of the most spectacular scenery you can imagine. Maybe I'll try and get some pretty landscape shots to share with you. I have the perfect place in mind ;)

So that's what I have for you today! What are you looking forward to this fall? Have you done anything fun yet or started indulging in delicious fall themed foods and drinks? Let me know in the comments below! Happy Friday and I hope you all enjoy your weekend! I'll be back on Sunday to share some food with you. 

<3







9 comments:

Hillary said...

I love the leaves changing colors and the crisp air. But to be honest I find it hard to enjoy fall too much because I know winter is next. I keep telling myself to live in the moment but it's so hard!

Panty Buns said...

That Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha sounds tasty. That nickname 'Basic Bitch' for 'Pumpkin Spice' did get a smile out of me. I don't go to Starbucks often ,but now I'll look for one (I am very unobservant). I wonder if there's a Starbucks in the bridgehampton Commons? I'll try to remember to ask my shrink where there are some nearby the next time I see her.
That pumpkin bread sounds delicious! The pumpkin crop is phenomenal out on the East End (Long Island) this year! I look forward to pumpkins, colourful leaves (but not raking them), watching the squirrels and chipmunks, and having fantasies of going out in full drag again (which I haven't done in ages), maybe as a French Maid?
I love your vegan blog. It's too bad I'm so lazy and so awful at cooking, because your recipes sound yummy!
I'm heading over to your other blog now.. :)

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2017/10/lingerie-review-of-full-brief-panties.html

Sarah said...

Aww yeah I didn't even consider that! I guess I try to focus on the better parts of winter too but I totally see where you are coming from. And I'm definitely trying to be in the moment this fall.

Sarah said...

Definitely give the drink a try if you can find a Starbucks near you! I imagine you will be able to, they are everywhere now!

If I'm not feeling too lazy I really want to try to make the bread tomorrow. The East End is beautiful, I imagine you must have some great scenery there.

I read the other comment from my other blog (I'll comment there as well) but I just wanted to share my other blog that I'm currently running alongside this one. It focuses on living with mental illness and my therapy journey as well. I think it may resonate with you as well. If you are interested please check it out!

http://shinebrightinthedarkness.blogspot.com/

There are quite a few posts that I think will be helpful for you.

Ingrid said...

Oooh, I love this post! You are reminding me that the local tea & coffee shop near me does Pumpkin Lattes with pumpkin puree in them - it's time to have one! I've never seen the Salted Caramel Mocha (but then again, I don't make it in to Starbucks too often these days!), so I'll be sure to try one. I'm still holding out for them to jump on the almond milk wagon!

Yes, please snap a few photos of your New England foliage!! Ours is finally getting there, so I had better grab some photos soon. It's supposed to snow tomorrow...

Jennifer said...

I love pumpkin lattes and pumpkin spice everything. XD I am sucker for seasonal novelty foods. I use to get Count Chocula, and Boo Berry cereal back in the day. I've been making homemade iced pumpkin spice "lattes" with Trader Joe's pumpkin spice almond milk

Jennifer said...

I am pretty sure they are doing almond milk as well. They have so many vegan milk options now!

Sarah said...

Yes, they do have almond milk! I always forget but they do! The salted caramel mocha is so good. I'm definitely going to try and get out soon to spend a little time in nature.

Snow?! That's gross. It's way to early for that.

Sarah said...

Pumpkin spice is great, I just think it's hilarious that they are putting it in everything now! I love being festive for the season so I'm totally with you :) The homemade lattes sound great!