Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Grocery Hauls and Meal Prep!

Hey everyone! I hope that you are well and that the rest of your weekend was amazing. I had a nice weekend and was able to enjoy the gorgeous fall weather we have been treated to the last few days. On Sunday I went to Trader Joe's and my mom and I decided to take the trip to the Israeli market and we got some pretty amazing stuff there. I'm excited to share it with you! Yesterday I did some meal prep for the week and I'm looking forward to eating the delicious meals that I have planned. I'm also excited to share them with you later in the week!


I'm so sorry for the terrible picture but here is my Trader Joe's haul! In the back is some new potato snack that they released, sparkling pink lemonade, pumpkin spice (aka basic bitch) almond milk, refried beans, pumpkin puree (basic bitch, hahahaha), vanilla soy ice cream, asparagus, spinach, chocolate chips and granny smith apples.

That afternoon we went the Israeli Market and it's great. The owners are so sweet and attentive and everything looks delicious. They let me know that the soups were vegan and were proud to use all fresh ingredients with no preservatives, thickeners or stabilizers. I really love how much pride they take in their products and I can't wait to go back and try more of their amazing products!




This is my haul from the Israeli market! Yay! Starting at the top left there is some lentil soup (they let us sample it and it's seriously amazing), some potato leek soup, homemade pita chips, some Bissli snacks, these giant ass roasted cashews, and some vegan spinach borekas!!!


This is the close-up of the borekas. These are frozen and clearly labeled vegan. The prepared ones are not vegan because of an egg wash but I love that they have these as an option. I can't wait to try them with some soup! They are a bit pricey but there are a lot in the package and it will last a while.

I also did some meal prep yesterday to get some stuff ready for the rest of the week. I basically made the components of my Sunday dinner during my trip to Orlando to supplement the yumminess from the market.


The yummiest roasted potatoes ever!


Asparagus is quickly rising to the top of my favorite veggies list.


It's a weird color but so delicious. My tofu got a little mangled from being handled and flipped so much but tastes delicious anyway :)

So that's what I've been up to these past few days! What yummy things have you been eating. I'm enjoying the transition into fall weather. As we all know, it is my favorite time of the year. 

I don't want to skip Fun Friday again but I'm kind of coming up empty on ideas. If you have anything in particular you'd like to see please let me know!

Hope your week goes smoothly and I'll see you hopefully Friday (if not then Sunday!)!


8 comments:

Hillary said...

I saw those potato crunchies in the new items section and meant to circle around and grab them and I totally forgot! I can't wait to hear how they are.
I've never heard of a boreka till now, and they sound amazing!!
Your roasted potatoes seriously look out of this world!!!

Bianca said...

Ooooh, sweet scores at the Israeli market! We have a similar market here (what we call the Mediterranean market), and I love going there for homemade pita and halvah and other awesome finds. So much hummus!!!

Ingrid said...

I am super jealous of your Israeli grocer! How cool! It looks like some deliciousness all around.

Fun Friday could be fall inspired - as in your favorite fall activities, foods, clothing, makeup. A round up of your most recent tv/Netflix shows. If I think of anything else, I'll comment again! :)

Sarah said...

I haven't tried the potato crunchies yet but I'll definitely let you know how they are!

Borekas are amazing, they are definitely one of my favorite Israeli foods ever. I need to try to make them myself too because there are a lot of fillings I love that they didn't have at the store.

Thanks! They are amazing! If you can find french dressing for a reasonable price definitely give them a try. Just toss the potatoes in the dressing and add a little salt, pepper and garlic and roast covered for 45 minutes then uncovered for about another 40 stirring a few times.

Sarah said...

The Israeli market is amazing!! They have the best fresh food ever and the soups are seriously incredible. I'm sure you double check the halvah but just make sure there are no egg whites! I know it is a common ingredient.

Sarah said...

It's a really great store! Maybe one day you'll get to NY and I can take you there!

Thank you for the suggestions! Maybe I will do a fall themed fun friday this week :)

J said...

Your roasted potatoes look so good! :)

Sarah said...

Thank you!