Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Grocery Haul & A Hint Of Spring

Hey you guys! I hope that you are all doing well! Everything is status quo here :) I've been focusing a lot on self care and getting my shit together as well as making some pretty awesome meals for myself (which I will share on Friday). We had a little hint of spring last weekend with temperatures in the 60s and 70s on Friday and Saturday. I couldn't be happier. Well I would be happier if I wasn't stuck inside at work all day but otherwise I was pretty stoked. I made sure to spend a little time to soak in the warmer temperatures after work by just going for a drive and enjoying some of my favorite spots on Long Island. Unfortunately I didn't make it where I wanted to go on Sunday (it was cold and gross and I just didn't want to go out) but I'm hoping to get there this weekend!

I did get to Trader Joe's this weekend to pick up a few things for the week. I'll show you the haul along with a few other random things that I have to share!


For produce I grabbed some butter lettuce, medjool dates, honey crisp apples, strawberries, zucchini noodles, basil, some tomatoes and these adorable cucumber bites!


For groceries I grabbed 2 bags of shredded hash browns, pico de gallo and this awesome cereal because I've decided that cereal is my new thing 😂


After seeing Bianca's goddess provisions unboxing post that included this turmeric latte mix I immediately went to see how I can get my hands on it. On the Copper Cup website they offer samples (two packets) for $1.99. I immediately ordered it and they finally arrived (just as a head's up, they do not offer tracking on samples and they take FOREVER to get to you) and I'm so excited to try it!


I used one bag of hash browns to make these vegan potato cakes to have as quick meals during the week with veggies/salads. These have no binder and were baked on parchment with no oil. Imagine my surprise when they actually stuck together as a potato pancake despite the lack of binder and oil! This is just shredded potato and spices! I'm excited to dig into these!


When I went out on Saturday to try and enjoy the warm weather I decided to go grab a bubble tea. It's been a few weeks since I've had one and it was just as delicious as always. I am so glad that spring is coming so I can go back to my weekly bubble tea tradition.

So that's what I have for you today! I hope you are all having a good start to your week and that it goes quickly for you! I will see you on Friday with some yummy meals I've been eating!

4 comments:

Hillary said...

I haven't seen the cucumber bites yet. I bet they're amazing. I love the baby Persian cucumbers. No seeds an such a great texture.
I just went to Copper Cup's website. I might have to order a sample myself!
Potato pancakes are one of my favorite foods!!!

Bianca said...

Yay! I love that Copper Cup mix! Also, I NEED to get that cereal. I'll be in Nashville near a TJ's in a couple weeks, so that's on my list. I've seen you mention it before. I love cereal, but it doesn't keep me full very long so I rarely eat it. But now I'm craving it! Maybe it's the warmer weather too! Sounds more appealing that hot oats right now.

Sarah said...

They were so cute, I had to get them! I love the texture too. I am tempted to try to make my own pickles!

Yes, try the sample! I haven't tried it yet but I'm so excited to.

Potato pancakes are the best! I'm so surprised by how well they held together with no binder.

Sarah said...

Yes, add the cereal to your list!! It's so good and it's honestly a good snack if it doesn't keep you full. It's also good on top of smoothie bowls if you want to add some crunch :) Totally more appealing that warm oats on a hot day!