Friday, April 27, 2018

All The Vegan Food

Hey everyone! Happy Friday! I hope that you are all well. This is going to be a Stuff I Ate post but figured I should try and change up the title a little bit. These are just a few of the things that I've been eating and enjoying and as I always mention I am trying to be better about photographing everything. Anyway, here is what I've been eating.


Up first I dug into those mini corn dogs. I tried to balance those out with some veggies so I enjoyed my last ginormous carrot (honestly Whole Foods is the best place to get carrots… they are huge and so sweet) with some broccoli. It was a very yummy and filling meal.


One day for dinner I just felt like having toast. One slice has peanut butter and banana and one has some Earth Balance.


I randomly found these BBQ Quinoa Curls at a local bagel store. I saw the V in the lower left corner and decided to pick them up.


Obviously I had to put them on the side of a yummy ass grilled cheese. The curls are great. Super light and crispy with a nice BBQ flavor. I really liked them. I added some carrots because balance, right?


So I come home from an appointment earlier this week and find a package from the lovely Beverlee on my doorstep! I had no idea this was coming and to be honest it came at the perfect time. I've been feeling pretty depressed lately and this surprise truly lifted my spirits.

I was so excited by what I found inside! That mug is so gorgeous! Beverlee knows I am fond of tattoos and mermaids so when she saw this mug she thought of me! I LOVE it and I can't wait to drink countless cups of decaf coffee and tea out of it. She also sent me a huge box of Fresh California Dates! I was so excited about these because I've been loving dates lately and I've always wanted to try the dates from California and Arizona! Now I can check California off my list! Finally, she included a jar of the Trader Joe's Cookie Butter. It's so funny because I go to Trader Joe's all the time and always think about grabbing it but never do. Now I was able to try it.


So if you are anything like me, obviously you see the dates and the cookie butter and your first thought is to dip the dates into the cookie butter. So that is exactly what I did and you guys, it is so freaking decadent and delicious! The dates are sweet and so soft and juicy. The cookie butter has a lovely spiced flavor and is amazing on its own. Together it is kind of magical. I really really suggest trying this combination because it is so amazing. I see a banana, date, cookie butter smoothie happening in my future for sure.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful gift Beverlee!! I love it all so so much!


You guys. How adorable is this Washi tape?! It made me very excited for cherry/berry/watermelon/stone fruit season! I've been really missing my fresh fruit lately and now that Spring seems to finally be here I can practically taste all of the beautiful fresh summer fruit!

So that's all I have for you today! I'll be back on Tuesday with another post. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 💜


8 comments:

Hillary said...

I've had the quinoa chips but never the frito looking shape, I didn't even know they existed! What a fun and delicious lunch!! Grilled cheese with Chao drool!
I'm sorry you're feeling depressed. I hope you feel better soon.
What a sweet gift!

Panty Buns said...

It's pure coincidence that I had eaten some sliced bananas with natural peanut butter just before reading this post. I haven't yet tried Earth Balance though, and I haven't tried Quinoa curls or chips or cookie butter yet either. They all look yummy!

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Beverlee said...

Magical is definitely the word to describe the two. It’s the best couple since chocolate and peanut butter ;). I’m totally going to try that smoothie combo!

Jennifer said...

I would never of thought to put the cookie butter with the dates. *hits forehead* Sounds AMAZING!

I can't wait till the produce starts rolling in! Prices get so cheap plus, everything tastes better! I finally caved and bought blueberry bushes because I am tired of shelling out the cash for store bough berries.

Sarah said...

OMG it was so good! I actually used the Follow Your Heart American slices and they were so good.

Thanks, it is what it is I guess. Just trying to barrel through.

I know! It was so kind and totally unexpected!

Sarah said...

Haha see! Same wavelength! Earth Balance butter on toast is one of life's greatest and simplest pleasures :) everything was delicious!

Sarah said...

It seriously is! That cookie butter is everything! I want to smother everything with it! Thank you again, I love everything!

Sarah said...

It is so good! Definitely give it a try!

I'm so excited for produce. How awesome to have blueberry bushes!!