Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Some Stuff I Ate and A Painting!

Hey you guys. I hope that you are all well and that you had a great weekend! I don't know why but it randomly got really cold again so I'm sitting here freezing and wishing I had some soup for lunch. I may stop at H-Mart on the way home to grab some tofu and green onions to make some because I'm definitely craving it in this cold, gray wether. Anyway, this weekend was more productive than relaxing which is fine, I just wish I had taken some more time to rest. I am exhausted and emotionally drained but I'm hoping after my neurological testing tomorrow things will calm down and I'll be able to rest a little more.

For today I have a few meals and snacks to share with you and also a painting that I started!


Last Friday I had my MRI at 7:00 in the morning. I was told to be there at 6:30 which was stupid because I got there at 6:30 only to sit there until 7:00. What a waste of time. Anyway, I needed a lot of coffee after so I went to our new Starbucks DRIVE THRU! I know it is lazy but I don't care, I was tired, ha! Anyway, I got an iced hazelnut soy latte. I always get a tall but this time I splurged on a venti and quickly realized why I don't get a venti. I drank about 3/4 of it and felt sick for the rest of the day but it did taste delicious. I'll just have to stick to the smaller sizes.


I made this trail mix as a tasty snack. It is raisins, chocolate chips and almonds. It reminds me of the flavors of a chunky bar which I actually used to like so I really love this mix.


I had another quick dinner of tots and nuggets and it was delicious.


Another favorite snack lately is an apple with almond butter. I like the maple seen here but the vanilla is my favorite and that's the one I'll be purchasing in the future.


Today was physical therapy day for my aunt so I grabbed a plain bagel with tofutti on the way to work after. Also delicious but I had to get rid of like half of the tofutti because it's a lot.




So I've been working on creating art when I can and I made this canvas that I'm really in love with. It is my first successful galaxy and I made a boomerang of it so you can see the star texture under the paint and the shimmer paint I used on top. I never share my art but I really love this and wanted to show you guys!

That's all I have for today! I hope you all have a great week and I'll see you on Friday 💜

8 comments:

Susan said...

Oh wow, that painting is so lovely. I love the shimmer!


They always put so much filling in your bagels. It looks fantastic, but I agree that much tofutti might be a bit much all at once! It's pretty rich.

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Great job on the art! When I retire (if ever), art is definitely on my list of activities to take up again.

I love apples with almond butter. I also love almond butter mixed with applesauce to make a kind of pudding. It's brown and dingy but tastes good and that's a lot of what matters!

Sarah said...

Susan: Thank you so much! I've been adding the iridescent shimmer paint to everything because I love it so much, ha!! New York bagel shops always do it right and make a great sandwich, it was definitely too much though and I took a lot of it out. Super delicious though!

The Student-turned-Doctor: Thank you! It's really relaxing and therapeutic for me, I bet it would be the same for you. ooh the almond butter with apple sauce sounds delicious! I'll have to try that!

Jennifer said...

Love that galaxy look! Very pretty.

I find drive throughs so nerve wrecking. I am find walking into the store thank you. But then again I know most of it is because I get really anxious sitting in a running car. Yikes. But I totally see why parents use drive throughs, and if I had 3 kids in car seats I would totally be using them. lol

Hillary said...

I love the galaxy! You are so creative and talented in so many different ways!
That bagel looks so freaking good! My favorite sandwich has always been a toasted bagel with cream cheese and alfalfa sprouts. Since I was a kid! But the just don't make gluten free bagels like gluten filled bagels!

Sarah said...

Jennifer: Thanks! I don't typically go through drive thrus often but the novelty of finally having a Starbucks drive thru was pretty awesome. That and parking can be really crappy so rather than to fight for a spot I'll do the drive thru.

Hillary: Thank you so much, that is so sweet of you to say <3 The bagel was pretty awesome. I am so happy I found tofutti at a shop. It seems to be getting more common around here which is nice. And yeah, nothing beats a gluten filled bagel!

J said...

Your trail mix sounds great; it feels like forever since I've made my own, haha! And yay for more tots & nuggets!
Your painting is awesome, and I love how shimmery it is; thank you so much for sharing it!

Sarah said...

Julie: I love making trail mix, I'm pretty particular and it's a great snack to throw together! Thank you so much! I love all things to shimmer :)