Tuesday, October 22, 2019

More Food and More Art

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was pretty good. The event was on Saturday and it was a really nice day! The weather was beautiful, it was a really nice size so there was a crowd but it wasn't super overwhelming, I had friends there and it was just a great, supportive atmosphere. I got some great feedback and made a few sales so I'm really happy. A really nice surprise was that one of the vegan vendors, a vegan baking company, named a cookie after Doug. He had tried it last year and loved it so much they wanted to honor him by naming it after him. It was a bit emotional but such a beautiful gesture. Of course I had to get one and I'll share it when I try it. I wasn't going to eat it but a friend pointed out that Doug would hate that cookie going uneaten which is a fair point.

First up I have some food to share with you.


Up first is this amazing soup I made to bring to work for lunch the week before last actually. It was SO DELICIOUS. I used the Better than Bouillon No Chicken Base (this stuff is seriously the best) to make my broth and added onions, carrots, potato, zucchini, cauliflower, white beans and spinach with garlic and pepper. It was so delicious, this will definitely be a winter staple!!


I love making chicken parm and chicken parm sandwiches with my Aldi chick'n patties and this meal was super yummy with some seasoned fries.


I went back to That Pizza Place on one of my days off to get some stuff for the freezer. I grabbed a few plain slices and an eggplant roll. This place is seriously amazing!


I went to Little Fu's with a friend for lunch on one of my days off and got the veggie chick'n with mixed veggies and it was DELICIOUS.

I know it seems like I ate like trash the entire time but I promise I wasn't! These were just the most fun meals and I wanted to share them with you.

In addition to the yummy eats I have some more of the pieces that I made to share with you.








Susan requested to see the mermaid bookmark with shimmery bubbles so the only way to do it justice was to boomerang it! The whole thing has a blue tone to it so sorry about that but I think you'll get the point!

So that's what I have for you today! I hope you all have a great week and I'll see you back here on Friday 💚

7 comments:

Bianca said...

That pizza looks soooo good. And I never think to do chicken parm when I have vegan chicken patties. I need to get some! Your art is beautiful, and how cool that they named a cookie after Doug!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the steampunk art!!!!

Susan said...

That is very sweet about the cookie named for Doug. I am glad you had a nice day.
I love the mermaid!

J said...

I'm glad your event went well, and that's so nice that they named a cookie after Doug! <3
Your soup looks perfect, and the eggplant roll sounds interesting, too!
Yay for more art, and the mermaid bookmark is awesome!

Anonymous said...

All the food looks delicious, the soup and the pizza 😋😋.
But you artwork in this and the previous post is so beautiful!! The cookie dedication sounds bittersweet. I hope you are ok.
I’m sorry I wish I knew what the right thing to say is...
Be well always

Hillary said...

The soup looks AMAZING!! Soup is the only good thing about cooler temps!!
I love your pieces so much! I especially love the butterflies with the steampunk look!!
I'm so glad it was an amazing event for you, and so many congratulations on selling some pieces!!

Sarah said...

Bianca: OMG the chick'n parm is so good, I make it all the time! The cookie was such a sweet tribute to him <3

Anonymous: Thank you! <3

Susan: It was so thoughtful and special of them. Thanks!

Julie: Thank you! It was really amazing and a perfect tribute, he'd love it. Thank you!

Anonymous: OMG that pizza is seriously the best! And thank you so much. It was indeed bittersweet. It's difficult because he should be there with me rather than in tribute but it's so amazing that the community continues to honor him in such a kind way <3

Hillary: Thank you! The soup was so good, It's a winter staple for sure! Thank you, I really loved the butterflies on that piece too. Thank you so much, I always appreciate your support! <3