Friday, October 18, 2019

That Pizza Place(!!) And Some Art

Hey you guys! I hope that you are all doing well. I am super excited to share today's post because I went back to That Pizza Place in Levittown, NY. As you know from my MoFo post about my first trip to TPP, they have amazing food there. I met up with a friend there for dinner last weekend and was excited to share my meal with you. It may seem boring but OMG it was so good. I love that I can go to a pizza place and that they have vegan options of legit NY style pizza ready to go. It is a big deal when you grew up on NY style pizza and it has been one of the things I've missed most as a vegan.


I don't know about you guys but I freaking love garlic knots. As you know, I love all things bread so these make me very happy. I actually ended up bringing almost all of these home which I can assure you was not a problem at all 😉


They had vegan greek salad on the menu and I had to get it. They use Violife Feta (as far as I can tell) and it was really delicious. I'm glad I decided to get this! I didn't think I'd get a salad but my friend inspired me and I'm glad that I got one too.


I went with a plain old margarita slice and it was so good you guys. Like I've mentioned, I like the plain jane kind of slices. I was hoping they would have their white pizza but they didn't. This was an excellent choice and was a perfect way to round out the meal.

That Pizza Place does have a pretty expansive vegan menu but I'm mostly interested in the pizza. As you know, I'm not much of a pasta person and I've never been into heros. I'm a happy camper with my classic pizza. But if you are into other pizza place fare you will certainly be happy with their menu! I'm really glad that I got to go back and I had such a nice time catching up with my friend. I was going to get some slices to go but we stayed until closing and what they had left looked a little past their prime so I decided to hold off.

Like I said in my last post, I've been working a lot on getting my art together to sell at a fundraiser. I've been working really hard on it and wanted to share some of it with you! This is just a sampling of one kind of art that I've been working on. It is the aesthetic that I've been gravitating toward lately and the one that I think best represents me and what I like.


These are some of the 2.5x3.5 inch cards I made. I have a lot more but these are just a sampling of them.


These are some of the 5x7 sized pieces that I've made. I really love this quote, I'm obsessed with the moth and you can't tell in the pictures but the lightbulbs have a hint of shimmer that I really enjoy.


These are some more of the larger sized pieces that I made. I love these butterfly stamps.


I made a ton of bookmarks too! Again, these are just some of the first ones that I made but there are a ton of different colors and styles. There may also be a mermaid one with shimmery bubbles 😉

So that's what I have for you today. Having these few days off have really helped me and I'm glad I was able to prepare for this event over the week. I don't have as much done as I would like but it's ok. I'm just proud of what I've accomplished and I'm excited to share it with people.

I hope you've all had a great week and that you enjoy your weekend! 💚



4 comments:

J said...

Your art is so incredibly beautiful, Sarah! The bookmarks are such a great idea, too! And I'm glad that you are keeping that last piece for yourself instead of selling it <3

Susan said...

Yay yay yay for pizza! We don't really have garlic knots as a thing here, we have garlic bread... I feel like they are similar though.
Your art is GORGEOUS! I love it. But please, you cannot tell me that there is a shimmery blue mermaid piece and NOT show me. ;)
Speaking of art, I have been doing some very bad doodling for Inktober this year. It has been pretty hilarious. I won't be making any sales from it, in fact, no one shall ever see it, but it is fun to be a bit creative.

Sarah said...

Julie: Thank you so much! The bookmarks are fun, I'm glad that I made them! I'm glad I kept it too. It was too special to let go.

Susan: The pizza was so good and the company was even better! Thank you so much. Don't worry, I'll share the mermaid on Tuesday ;) Hooray for inktober! I'm glad that you are participating and that you have a creative outlet! It really is a great form of self care.

Jennifer said...

I love the bookmark idea! Sometimes I don't want to buy artwork because I am unsure where I would put it, so I think the bookmarks will be a hit!