Friday, August 23, 2019

Vegan MoFo 2019: That Pizza Place in Levittown, NY


Hey friends! Today we have another post where I share another amazing location on Long Island that has AMAZING vegan options. This time it is That Pizza Place located in Levittown, NY. I have been wanting to get there for a really long time. It's not that far from me but it's far enough that I hadn't gotten there yet. That all changed when I was in the area for something else and decided to stop in and grab a bunch of stuff to bring home and try through the week. 


This is the front of the shop and it's so cute. There is a mural on the side of the building (thankfully, that is how I found it and didn't miss the parking lot πŸ˜‚) but I forgot to take a picture of it.

I went inside and it was empty so I guess that it must have been early (although I got there at about 12:30 on a Sunday). I asked about their vegan options and was shocked and thrilled that SO MANY of their ready made options were vegan! They also had a full vegan menu to order from!


This entire first section was vegan and I believe the furthest pizza was a "grandma" style pizza, the thing of beauty in the middle was a rigatoni a la vodka slice with A GARLIC KNOT CRUST(!!), a chick'n or eggplant parmesan slice (I think they said chick'n) and a plain slice.


The top two shelves in the middle section were vegan as well. There were rice balls, mac n cheese balls, chick'n roll, eggplant roll, mac n cheese pizza, chick'n bacon ranch pizza and Jack Daniels chick'n pizza.

How the hell do you choose?! I decided to get the stuff that was already ready because I was doing takeout. I figured I'd go back with friends and get some stuff off of the menu.


I got one of the whatever (πŸ˜‚) parmesan slices, plain (I always just ate plain cheese pizza in my pre vegan days), the garlic knot crust because duh and a rice ball.


For dinner that night I had to go with this beauty. It was SO GOOD. And that is coming from someone that is not a big pasta fan. To be honest, I'd be happier if this didn't have the pasta on it (pasta, garlic knots and crust is a lot) but it had great flavor. My favorite part was the garlic knots because just give me a ball of dough and I'm a happy lady!


A few days later I tried the chick'n parmesan pizza with a piece of the rice ball. I have never really been big into rice balls so I'm not sure why I got it over the mac n cheese balls but I felt like I made a weird decision under pressure πŸ˜‚ Anyway, it was pretty good but just not something that I'm obsessed with or would get again. The pizza was delicious though. The chick'n was made from seitan which was pretty good but it just feels so good to be able to enjoy a proper NY style slice of pizza. Very delicious and filling meal but I would definitely try the mac n cheese bites over the rice ball next time.


Finally, the following Friday, I tried the simplest slice but also the one that I was looking forward to most. As I mentioned previously, my inner basic bitch shines through in my pizza preferences. I will always go for a plain cheese slice. It is my favorite. So this was the true test. And you guys… it was SO DAMN GOOD. It was my favorite slice, as expected. A plain cheese slice with a garlic knot crust would be my ideal pizza. I feel like that is a challenge I need to take myself up on, ha!

So there is my review of what I've tried so far from That Pizza Place in Levittown, NY! I definitely recommend it, they have delicious pizza and a ton of options. They can be a bit pricey but not too bad considering. I've heard from fellow Long Island Vegans that they have an AMAZING white slice which I definitely want to try too. πŸ’š



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m right there with you nothing (literally nothing) beats a regular New York slice. Keep all your icky toppings off my pizza.
🀺🀺

J said...

Such a nice variety for your takeout! The garlic knot crust looks so good, but yeah, I think I might want it on a simpler pizza, too, haha! And I would definitely want to try the mac & cheese balls!

Susan said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I need to invent teleportation now. That garlic knot pizza? Such a thing of beauty. I weep staring at it. This place sounds like a place that I definitely need to go to at sometime in my life. Go to at EAT IT ALL.

Hillary said...

garlic knot pizza sounds AMAZING!!!!!! That is so cool that there are so many vegan options!!
I've never heard of a rice ball. I feel like I would go for the mac and cheese ball too!! But I know what you mean about ordering under pressure!!!
I have to also agree that I am basic when it comes to pizza too. Cheese pizza for the win!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

It's my understanding that Italian pizza tends to be simple like you like it--just cheese is more to European tastes than having everything under the sun on pizza! I'm a person who likes stuff piled on, but I never really understood the appeal of pasta-pizza--seems like it would be less good pasta and less good pizza at the same time.

Meanwhile, do you know how long it's been since I had a garlic knot? Mmm...

Sarah said...

Anonymous: OMG YES!!! PLain NY style cheese pizza is the best! Everything else can take a seat, ha!

Julie: I tried to get a variety of slices to taste and share and I'm glad I did OMG THE GARLIC KNOT CRUST!! It was seriously everything! I definitely wish the pasta was not on there though.

Susan: Yes!! Come here and get all the pizza! The garlic knot crust is amazing and they have it every day. The pizza toppings change but there is always on option.

Hillary: The garlic know crust was incredible! By far my favorite idea in terms of interesting pizza variations but I really wish it was just a plain cheese pizza or the white pizza. It would have been even better! Yes, basic pizza for the win!

The Student-turned-Doctor: I remember my friend's mother in law made us traditional Italian style pizza and it was crust, tomatoes, basil, olive oil and garlic and it was the best pizza I've ever eaten. I really don't like pasta pizza at all so I wish it wasn't on there but I needed that crust! :) Oooh I hope you'll get a garlic knot soon because OMG!

Jennifer said...

OMG THE GARLIC KNOT CRUST! I just miss garlic knots! I think wouldn't want the pasta either.