Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Vegan MoFo 2019: Vegan Sandra's Easy Chickpea Omelette


Hey everyone! Welcome back for another MoFo post! Today's post will be part of the "trying other bloggers'" recipes theme. I found this recipe on Pinterest and it seriously spoke to me. It is very strange to me that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day but I lack some serious breakfast inspiration most of the time. I think it's because I rarely want to make an elaborate meal in the morning and I'm usually in a rush on work days. Anyway, I've been missing some great breakfast options so when I saw and oniony chickpea omelette I knew I had to try it. Typically I don't really follow through on my pins on Pinterest so I'm happy to say that I did follow through on this one!

So, the recipe I wanted to try was for the Easy Vegan Chickpea Omelette by Vegan Sandra. Her recipe that she posts is an onion omelette with lots of onion and herbs. I decided to test out the recipe using just the onions that she included in her recipe the first time around.


How awesome does this omelette look?! I only used a half of a small onion and it still had TONS of onion flavor. I decided to cook mine up a bit before adding it to the batter because I really love cooked onions and wanted to make sure they were thoroughly cooked before making the omelette. I didn't really have herbs on hand so I just added some green onion as well and the only other change I made was to add a little garlic powder for extra seasoning.


This omelette was DELICIOUS. I highly recommend adding the garlic for the extra seasoning because it just added a really nice flavor to it. I was very excited that this tasted as great as it looks because it is such an easy and quick breakfast meal that you can enjoy any time of day!

I have so many ideas for fillings I want to try. I really want to try a spinach and feta omelette with Violife feta, Sun dried tomato and basil as well as a spinach, broccoli and vegan cheese omelette. I will definitely post them when I do get to try them!


8 comments:

Hillary said...

That looks so delicious!! I definitely need to try that. It looks almost like a scallion pancake. Spinach and feta sounds so good! I think Natural Grocers has the violife feta now and I need to try it.
I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Trixie said...

Her recipes look great! I wonder if I can follow her on instagram?

Bianca said...

Ooooh, this looks awesome! I LOVE a big ole fun breakfast!!

Susan said...

This looks so lovely! I often have trouble with omelettes falling apart, but yours looks perfect!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I love how one recipe can expand to whole new worlds! Your omelet looks great!

Sarah said...

Hillary: It was soooooo good! I really can't wait to try the spinach and feta version!

Trixie: I tried to find an IG link on her page but didn't see one! Doesn't hurt to try searching for her!

Bianca: It was so good, I highly recommend it!

Susan: It stayed together so well! And it was so tasty! Thank you!

The Student-turned-Doctor: I know, the options are endless! Thank you!

J said...

Wow, your omelette looks amazing, and your additional filling ideas sound great! I'll have to try that recipe sometime; I don't make omelettes often enough!

Jennifer said...

That looks so tasty! It has been a really long time since I've had an omelette!