Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Vegan MoFo 2019: Meal Prep


Hi my friends! Welcome to another MoFo post as we wind down! As I previously mentioned, this week is incredibly busy and stressful for me because I am house sitting and pet sitting for my brother. There are currently 7 animals here and while it is nice to have so many sweet babies around me it is so much work. Especially because they have an untrained husky puppy. She is very sweet but she just makes a mess everywhere all the time. I feel like all I've done is clean up after dogs since I got here and it really tweaks my OCD.

Anyway, I decided that I wanted to do a lot of meal prep this week because my time in the mornings would be very limited after taking care of the animals. I made some grab and go breakfasts and lunches to have ready to go in the morning so all I have to do is make some coffee and run out the door after I do the chores. I thought it would be fun to share the meals I prepped!


I decided to keep everything as simple as possible. It's not ideal to have this every day but I just needed to have something quick. I don't love overnight oats so I figured a week of breakfast sandwiches would be ok. Anyway, I put together 4 breakfast sandwiches with Gardein Sausage Patties, Follow Your Heart American Cheese and English Muffins. Simple, tasty and it does the job. I wrapped them up and popped them in the freezer and I'm going to be grabbing one and heating it up in the morning. It works out well! I think it's a good thing to keep in the freezer to grab when you need a quick meal if you are running late or have something going on.


I also wanted to have my work lunches ready for the week since it will be incredibly hectic in the morning. I decided to use the air fryer and just go to town. I did some broccoli, cauliflower, tofu and Japanese Sweet potatoes. Each container has a half of a potato and some of the rest of the deliciousness. So easy and it will be a really satisfying lunch! I have four containers total. The other ones are so cute, they have little dividers, which I love.

For fun, just two pup pics for you!


This is my favorite thing ever. TJ will just crawl up on my stomach when I'm relaxing in bed and just flop on his back and doze off. I love it so so much. He is too precious.


This beauty is Stella. She is gorgeous but rambunctious and very high energy. I am struggling a little bit because I do not have experience watching bigger dogs, especially not husky puppies. She is very sweet but not trained at all so it has been very challenging for me. I managed to capture a rare moment of calm.

So that's all I have today! Make sure to pop back in tomorrow for more MoFo fun! 💚



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!! Thanks so much for all the posts. I’m sorry things have been so stressful.

J said...

It looks like you did an awesome job with the meal prep for your stressful week! TJ sounds like such a sweetheart, and Stella definitely seems like quite the little troublemaker, but what a cutie!

Hillary said...

I'm not a huge oats or overnight oats fan myself. I am definitely a savory gal so those sandwiches look AMAZING!!!!!!! I think it's a great idea to prep those. I miss you gluten!!
Your lunch looks incredible too. I don't know if I've ever tried a Japanese sweet potato.
STELLA!!!!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Anonymous: Thanks! It's all good I just am exhausted by the amount of work that it is. I'm looking forward to the week being over and just being able to have a few moments to relax before my next chapter begins.

Julie: Thanks! I really wanted to be prepared and I'm really glad I thought ahead because it has already made a huge difference. TJ is the sweetest, so funny and goofy. Stella is a mischievous thing but gorgeous and sweet. She is just a puppy, she doesn't know any better.

Hillary: I love oatmeal but fresh cooked oats. I don't like them soaked overnight for whatever reason. The sandwiches are so good and really convenient! Thanks, the lunch is so tasty and it feels good to have a healthy meal prepped and ready to go. The Japanese sweet potatoes are AMAZING! HAHAHAHA STEEEEEELLAAAAAAAA!!!!! :D

Susan said...

Sounds like things are hectic there! Meal prep is definitely a smart plan.
I never thought to make breakfast muffins and freeze them for easy on the go. Do you defrost them first? Or just pop them in the microwave from frozen?

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

That's a great idea for the breakfast sandwiches! Definitely more my speed than overnight oats and a happy diversion from cereal. It looks like you did a great job with your lunch prepping, too. Hope your hectic week goes well. I love cuddly dogs!