Thursday, August 22, 2019

Vegan MoFo 2019: Stuff My Friend Ate!


Hi friends! I can't believe we are almost there! The first two weeks were quite easy for me. I had a ton of ideas and a lot of energy to get it all done and to get these posts out! This week has been a little more difficult because I'm running through my ideas and also because I've had something going on behind the scenes that I'm ready to share with you. I have been looking for a new job for a while now. Financially, I really needed to move on and I had just outgrown this position. I've been here for 11 years and have been stagnant for most of them. It was time.

So, last week I was offered a position for a new job and I happily accepted! I was waiting to announce it until it was 100% locked in and here we are! I start on September 3 and I'm so thrilled. It will be a significant improvement for me financially and it will be more challenging and busy. I'm really looking forward to it and I'm so excited to share this news with you. It was time for something great to happen and it did. 

So that is a little of the background of this past week. I've been really busy between the interview and clearances and things like that so my ability to get posts out has been more difficult. Luckily, I have an amazing friend that eats amazing vegan food and I thought it would be fun to share her meals with you! She enthusiastically agreed to let me share her pics and meals. I love this idea too because a lot of it is stuff you wouldn't otherwise see here because of my own taste preferences. Her name is Karen and if you agree with me that her food looks freaking incredible you can follow her on IG @vegan_atheist71.


This is penne a la vodka with Victoria Vegan vodka sauce, Violife Mozzarella, Go Veggie Parmesan, MorningStar Popcorn chick'n (which I recently found and purchased and can't wait to try!), and a leftover garlic knot from a dinner she had previously (which you'll see soon). As you know I am not a pasta person but this has me DROOLING. Holy crap!


This beautiful creation is Eat Nice Creamy Ricotta Ravioli, Gardein Meatless Meatballs, and Go Veggie Parmesan. Also a delicious looking pasta dish!


This beautiful plate is the No Evil Chick'n Fajitas with guac, corn salsa, Tofutti Sour Cream and rice and beans. 


You know I'm not into bell peppers so I'd probably never try this product but she loved it and it looks awesome!


This was a gorgeous Buffalo Tofu Pesto Pizza from a restaurant called Pazzo Ristorante in Wading River, NY. I certainly hope to join her and our other friends there someday because their vegan menu looks incredible!! Her garlic knot from the penne a la vodka meal was leftover from this restaurant.


I also told her I'd be at her house for brunch after seeing this plate! How amazing does this look?! That is a beautiful tofu scramble with toast, vegan sausage and a perfect avocado!


This came from a small cafe in NYC (I don't know the name, sorry!) and it is a quinoa with veggies dish that looks awesome.


Look at her sweet pup!! I can't with this picture. This is Maywah ginger chick'n with rice. I love that face so much.


Finally, her lovely daughter made her this sweet breakfast in bed for Mother's Day! It's so cute and it made her so happy 😀💚

So, I hope that you enjoyed seeing stuff my friend Karen ate! I thought it was a fun change of pace to share her meals because they are different from things I normally share here. She makes amazing food and I wanted to show it off! I'll be back tomorrow with ANOTHER LONG ISLAND RESTAURANT WITH VEGAN OPTIONS! Who am I?! 😂💚


11 comments:

Holly said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on new position. I hope it will be everything you want and more.
All these pics have me drooling so yummy looking!!
💙💙

Bianca said...

Okay, Karen and I need to be friends! Her food looks amazing. And I had no idea that Morningstar was making vegan popcorn chicken, so now I need that. CONGRATS ON THE NEW JOB!!!! So happy for you!

J said...

Yay, congratulations on your new job; that is such great news, and I'm so happy for you! All of Karen's food looks so good, but I'd especially love to try the fajitas! And I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for the popcorn chicken, yum!

Hillary said...

I've never had or wanted popcorn chicken, but now I need to find it so bad!!!!
All the food looks gorgeous, but the pup stole the show!
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you, you deserve it all!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Holly: Thank you!!!!

Anonymous: Thank you so much! I'm very excited for the next chapter :) Her food looks soooooooo good!

Bianca: Right?! She's an awesome human being and I'm grateful to be her friend! Thank you so much!!!!

Julie: Thank you so much! I'm so excited! Her food looks awesome and I can't wait to try the popcorn chicken!

Hillary: I have it sitting in my freezer and I can't wait! Don't the pups always steal the show ;) Thank you so much!

Susan said...

Yay, congratulations in the new job! Sounds like it has come at such a good time. I am very happy for you. :)

Sarah said...

Susan: Thank you so much!! It definitely has come at the perfect time, it was some much needed positivity in my life. Thank you <3

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Congratulations on the new job!

Karen's meals look SO GOOD, especially that brunch! This is my kind of food. I love pasta, as you can probably tell from my blog. I've never tried the Victoria sauces but the vodka sauce does intrigue me. I hope it goes on sale sometime soon!

Sarah said...

The Student-turned-Teacher: Thank you so much! I'm so thrilled for this opportunity! Karen's food looks incredible and that's why I'm so glad that I was able to share it with you! I've heard that the vodka sauce is the only flavor from that brand worth trying, just to let you know!

Jennifer said...

Little behind in reading posts but congrats on the new job!